1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3 flasher downgrade V3.70 to V3.55 and also play psn video released

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dylanbug, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

Well, last week, e3 flasher has released a video confirmed that they used the e3 flasher downgraded the PS3 from V3.70 to V3.55, and today they released another video that with e3 flasher, users can play psn and also can play games from external hdd. The basic idea is just switch between the PS3 official V3.70 and KFW V 3.55.

let's take a look at the details.

Today the E3DIY Team has made available a PSN online demo video of their PS3 E3 Flasher going on PlayStation Network and Sony's PlayStation Home with a modified PlayStation 3 console.

E3 flasher details: http://www.digitopz.com/e3-flasher-downgrade-ps3-v370-to-v355-p-1091.html

To quote: Clear up doubt, E3 FLASHER dual boot, 3.7 play PSN and 3.55 play HD game

After we release dual boot video, most player love it and also with some doubt. We understand, so today release a new video, and do some clarification.

1: E3 FLASHER not only a flasher, but with perfectly extension because integrated lots of interface, we will release more useful function later, all will be free just like we release golden finger function on E3 card reader.

2: E3 FLASHER can be upgrade from PC USB or TF card, very simple.

3: E3 FLASHER dual boot need 2 harddisk, one for 3.7 , another for 3.55. if you use only one HD, it will be required format everytime.

We will release a kit include ESATA station for you switch harddisk. (support 2.5 and 3.5' DISK)

4: At present, on nand flash console, it need solder wire. And no dual boot function because no 256M NAND FLASH ON E3 FLASHER.

On nor flash fat console, it need solder wire , and include dual boot function. On slim console, it no need solder wire but need solder some point.it is easy can be done in 3min. (don't misunderstand no solder wire means no solder)

5: We will release 2 new version E3 FLASHER at the end of this month.

One is 256M nand flash on board and with CLIP, to get dual boot and no solder function. Another is same as present E3 FLASHER but with CLIP, so all nor flash console no need any solder at that time. (sure cost will higher)

6: If all go well, we will release official picture and retail price on this Wednesday !

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grfm40peFhE

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

The way I understand the E3 Flasher, is the 3.70 is OFW while 3.55 is CFW

So..................................

HDD1 with 3.70OFW: Runs 3.56+ Original discs only, no install package in XMB, no Homebrew, no loading games from HDD, no multiman, etc
    HDD2 with 3.55CFW: Runs 3.55 or lower games plus a few higher games with 3.55 updates, install packages in XMB, Homebrew, games loading from HDD (not all games over 3.56)

so basically it's like having 2x consoles in one where console 1 (HDD2) is modded with 3.55cfw and console 2 (HDD1) is standard with ofw.
    Just Pre-ordered on from slickgate.com, I would let you guys know how it works.

3. tpb

tpb Member

Exactly.

So why not just purchase a 2nd console, if you require both 3.55 for jailbreak usage, and 3.70 for PSN and new games ?

Pretty simple really.

I don't see the point of paying $150 for this E3 flasher. Apart from the substantial cost, you'll have to mess around with opening up your PS3, and end up with an ugly second HDD hanging off the side of your PS3.

4. jerry5134

jerry5134 Member

I am a fan of lightake, so I decided to pre-order one by lightake.com,only 3000pcs on the earth, I'll let you guys know when I got it.

5. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i agree.....

6. Melanieq

Melanieq Member

to be frank, I think prices of the e3 flasher will not always be this high. I'll probably buy one when the price comes down

7. jerry5134

jerry5134 Member

I got the news from lightake.com customers service,they said the price $88 including free shipping by DHL, what a great shipping,it means we'll receive the E3 Flasher within one week!They guarantee that lightake will be the first online store have it in stock at the end of September.Maybe the price will come down after the first shipment but I have no idea about that.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011