1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e66 error when updating my xbox with ms28 drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cartroid, Dec 29, 2011.

1. cartroid

cartroid Member

Here is my problem. I have a old xbox manufacture date is feb 2006. The old Disk drive went bad on me so i replaced it with a new one. The Old drive was a ms25 and the new one was a ms28. I spoofed the ms28 as a ms25. Now i cant update the xbox because i get the e66 error every time. is there a solution?

I have all the original firmware backed up on my computer.

Also my xbox is banned so im not interested in being able to play online.

I just want it to work normally so i can sell it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

does it e66 if you boot it without a disk in the drive or just when you try to run a game? If its when you try to boot a game then try an old game like a yr or more old. If that boots then its the fact that you dont have an original type dvd drive making it so you cant boot the newer games. If it wont boot older games or e66 wether there is a game or not then your using the wrong dvd firmware when you flash the dvd drive. Im pretty sure you wont be able to boot newer games at all using the ms28 in place of the ms25 due to new checks that are built into the game. Spoofing your drive to look like a different drive doesn't work with newer games anymore.