1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E71 error fix?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by zpaitsel, Dec 2, 2011.

1. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

I have been searching around and can't seem to find a suitable solution ... A friend of mine has a system I'm attempting to fix for him and I seem to be getting an error E 71 after a couple minutes after booting up to the dashboard.

any suggestions, ideas ?

2. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Now I have the RROD on the box.. it wont' even boot up..

is there a tutorial anywhere I can get on the reballing process using the kit they sell on ebay with the blue block and gpu / cpu pattern's

3. GI2

GI2 Regular member

Post this thread at this forum: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/152

Moderators, please close this thread.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

This is not about modding or hacking, so stop being a smartass. Zachary, you need to do a reflow, but that won't last forever, only maybe 1 to 3 months. I'd say it's time for a new box. For reflowing check youtube, you need a heatgun too. I wouldn't attempt a reball, first you'd have to desolder the CPU, the GPU and the RAM chips and then resolder them correctly. If you are not extremely good at this it's no use.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thread left open.

6. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Thanks for the info, much appreciated... I have the heat gun .. I was going to give the reball a shot.. I tried the re-flow.. def a no go..still red lights and I have done a few in the past with no problem.... i mean why not since it's going to be a door stop anyway.. what's the difference.. I have descent solder skills maybe there is a good youtube video or something'.. i'll see what i can find.. but thanks again... hey if all else fails... i guess it's worth doing something with .. it's an original sammy configuration.. ms 25 no ap25 ;)

7. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

heat gun fixes are more difficult to do good cause its hard to heat the chip in stages and can popcorn the chip. if you want to reball you need get a bga reflow station. the heat gun pushes to much air to fast and your solder balls wont stay in place durring the process. they sell cheap reflow stations on ebay just stay away from the T862 ir station its to small and you will only have problems. If you hear a snap noise during the reflow or reball its time to stop and buy a new chip cause it will be red ringed no mater what you do after.