1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Games - Burnout 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ridx808, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ridx808

ridx808 Member

Hey guys, so here is the issue. I have checked all over these forums for a solution to this burnout 3 thing. So here it is, I burned a backup of burnout with toast, on verbatim media, with an nec 3520a burner at 2x. Every thing looks fine with the burn. Using the knife trick with action replay nothing loads. Now, after a few tries of different things i am wondering if this has something to do with EA games (i thought the knife trick avoided needing to patch the game) But I may be completely wrong. Has anyone else had problems backing up this game?

Thanks,

2. ridx808

ridx808 Member

Just noticed a new post below mine,this person had a problem resulting from their boot disk. I am using an action replay as i posted above, anyone had problems with ar?

thanks

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The only thing I can think of is your media? If you are using -r discs, try +r and vise versa. I have heard people having success with +r and then I have heard the other way around as well. -r however is recommended for earlier version ps2's, and +r is recommended for later version ps2's. And just a suggestion, isn't the knife trick somewhat annoying to do time after time again? You should get a flip top case for your ps2.

4. ridx808

ridx808 Member

The knife trick is totally annoying. But , to be honest, I don't have the time to play games as much as i used to, so it isn't that bad. About the media, i am using -r, I have one of the early ps2's, so I don't think that should be to much of a problem. I'm starting to think it is the boot disk. I am using an old version of Action replay. If i was to buy the new swapmagic 3 disk, that's like $30... so i mind as well just chip the damn thing and do it right. Thanks for your advice though, I appreciate it.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No problem, yeah action replay is pretty old school, so I would definitely get something newer ... Oh, and if your gonna chip your ps2, I would recommend the Duo2se. I payed $22 for mine and it works perfectly. Just some advice... Good luck!

6. Bcampo9

Bcampo9 Guest

Hey guys ive burned lots of games so far but when it came to burnout 3 i couldnt even decrypt the file. What the heck is wrong ith it It stops at like 31% and it just stop i dont know whats wrong. Can anyone help me?

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

hmmm, it worked fine for me on dvd decrypter. Make sure the disc is cleaned up and make sure your dvd decrypter program is updated to it's newest version. If those two things do not work, then I would suggest using a different program, such as Alcohol 120%, to read the game to you hard drive.

8. Titmus

Titmus Member

how comes my ea games are slow and the music isnt right these games are nba street 3 nfs2 champions leauge and so on. i have ripper gold mod chipped specially done ps2.
    I have emprex dvd burner and i use dvd decryter at 1 speed with maxwell - dvds. I have read all of your forums but cant find the info i need.

pleaseeeee help!

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

EA games do suck to burn. I have however gotten them to work. I was having trouble with -r on EA games so I switched to Sony DVD +r for my version 7 ps2 and they work great with EA games. I have also used Maxell dvd +r's and they work decently well also. I however use Alcohol 120% to burn my games, and not dvd decrypter. If you do end up trying +r media, make sure you have a ps2 ver. higher than 6 because older versions do not like +r media and some do not even run it.

10. Titmus

Titmus Member

how do you burn games with alcohol cos i got that.

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Burning PS2 games using Alcohol 120%

1) Put the ps2 game into the dvd drive.

2) Open up Alcohol 120% and click "Image Making Wizard"

3) Put the "Read Speed" at the lowest possible speed and make sure the "skip reading errors" is checked on the bottom.

4) Choose the image location to your liking and name the ISO. Then make sure to click "Standard ISO image file" under the "Image format", then click START.

5)After the file is on your computer, go back to the main screen in Alcohol.

6) Click "Image burning wizard."

7) Go to browse and find the ISO you just created and click NEXT.

8) On this screen make sure you put the "write speed" as low as it can possibly go and choose "DVD DAO" as the write method. And make sure "Unable buffer underrun technology" is checked.

9) Click START, let it burn, and your DONE!

You must have a DVD burner in order to burn newer PS2 games. You can use the same process for cd based games on a regular cd burner. The easiest way to tell if the PS2 game is CD based is to look at the bottom of the disc. If it is purple it is cd based, if it is not then it is DVD based. Also, for your dvd media, make sure to get -r if you have a ver. 1-6 ps2, and either + or - for ver. 7-12.

Hope this helps!

12. Titmus

Titmus Member

the lowest speed i can get is 4 is this right if it isnt how change the speed fanx mike

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, do the DVD discs you are using support under 4x write speed? Some newer ones are 4x-8x compatible. All of my dvd's, 4x max and 8x max, I have been able to burn at 2.4x, which is the lowest speed I can burn at on my Alcohol 120%.

If you do not want to burn the image at 4x speed and that is your lowest speed possible, I would suggest using DVD Decrypter to burn ISO's. It is really a basic program, very self explanitory, and it allows you to burn your game at 1x.