1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Games Don't EASY Rebuild!! HELP

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, Apr 28, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I have been using the EASY Rebuild Guide! With Using NERO! And I rebuilt all my games except any EA ones until now! Iv'e tried two EA games like NHL 2005, and MVP 2005! They rebuilt but when burnt nothing but a black screen works! I rebuilt my other NON ea games fine! Is there a certain setting or what I have to select?? I am just wondering why JUST ONLY MY EA games will not play after easy rebuilt!! THANK YOU

2. steimy

steimy Active member

There is an EA Patcher out there. The only site i know that had it is down. The only other one's i found it on were in Spanish or German.

3. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

what is the easy rebuild guide, I have been having fits following the forums. A revised guide that works for you would be great. Thanks

4. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

EASY Rebuild Guide I Used:

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

5. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Now does anyone know why when I do this ^^^^^^^^ with EA games it will only load a black screen?? But when I do it with any other game it works perfect...Whats wrong?

6. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Can anyone help me find a way to rebuild EA games?? There my only problem! When I rebuild they turn black when loaded with Swap Magic 3.3! None of my other games to that-

7. Kingsizer

Kingsizer Member

hmm freegamer, if you wasnt so horrible to others, you would have had a reply quicker.

anyway...
    you need to patch EA games for use with swap magic, direct copies do not work

8. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I wasn't horrible to others at all in this forum?? What are you talkin' about?!?! I'm just trying to get help man

9. Kingsizer

Kingsizer Member

need i quote :
    " FreeGamer
    _ 2. April 2005 @ 19:28 _ Send private message to this user
    Um yeah your gonna need Swap Magic or a ModChip...What are you thinking? They aren't just gonna let you play back-ups in a PS2- "

what is wrong with a simple explanation? rather than the patronising comment of " what are you thinking? "
    i rest my case

10. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

That wasn't acting horrible to others man...You must be 11 and take things way too seriously...

11. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

yo whats up with ea games not being able to be straight copied?i just straight copied madden 2005 (with no patch).i used swap magic and it works great.

12. Kingsizer

Kingsizer Member

most freeze at loading time, or in the movies,
    you could experience problems later on in the game....

and freegamer, im 16 not 11, and you should really sort out the way you speak to others

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  13. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Yeah and I'm 17! I never was being horrible about anything...You need to quit being a baby and live by my explanation instead od complaining! You have not seen horrible yet then!!! But anyways all my EA games work when I make a straight copy of them! They work but load slow! So when I tried rebuilding it it just shows a black screen?!?! I don't know why it would show a black screen when I rebuilt- I rebuilt all my other games with no problem...So does anyone know a way to rebuild EA games with getting a working copy? Thank you

14. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

listen,i have played the backup with no freezing or slow loading.it plays exactly like the original.if you play the original and compare it to the backup then you can see if their is slow loading.some people assume the backup is loading slow when the original loads just as slow.

i burn at 1x spedd,so lowering your write speed does help.also make sure your ps2 lens is clesned.i cleaned mine with alcohol and a cotton swap(it gives you a better clean than the cleaner discs) and i adjusted my lens height a little(it helps read dvdr disc better)if you got a game that is freezing or skipping usually doing these steps will get it to work.if the game refuses to boot at all then maybe something else might fix it.

15. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok considering I should know if my EA games have slow loading time or not because I own nothing but EA! It does load slow and it freezes- So does anyone know how I can rebuild EA games and getting them to work??

16. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Oh and low writing speed does NOT help man...I know people who try burning games on 1x and they ae crappy and then burn the on 4x and work like the best game ever!!

17. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

well some people have had better results with higher speeds while most have hsd better results with lower speeds.obviously your setup plays into this(your dvd drive,progs used,media,etc...).just like the people you know who get better results with higher speeds,i get better results with slower speeds.i have copied games at 4x and they ran like crap then went all the way down to 1x and got great results. you have to determine if you have a setup that allows you to burn at high speeds by trial and error(nobody can know your exact setup and know how well it will work unless they have the same setup as yours).

but you also have to consider that some games copy better than others.ive copied games at 4x and they work perfect.but they are simple games that dont require alot of graphics rendering power.but games(like gta san andreas),that involves alot of lens movement have to be copied perfectly at the right speed.and that speed for me was 1x.no other speed worked and yes i tried them all.