1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ea patching

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Lund, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Lund

Lund Member

Hey there!

I've got a little problem! I've got a [bold]ps2 with neo2.2 and AR2 v2[/bold] works fine for me exept i can't play dvd based backups (looking for a new chip) but this is not the problem. It is that I got hold of the NFSU2 dvdrip and it freezes right before the ps2 logo. As far as I've read in this forum I need to patch the cd image, but how do I do this? And it seems to be possible because i can play NFSU1 without the problem!

Hope you can help me!

2. he_did_it

he_did_it Member

i have a program for patching ea game that are going 2 be used for the neo2.2 chip it is called neo ea patcher. i did forget where to download it but type Neo-ea-Patcher into a search engine.

3. Lund

Lund Member

Found the program but i need to make my .bin and .cue file to an .img file, how do I do this then. Can't figure out how to do it with CDMage.

4. he_did_it

he_did_it Member

do you have dvd dycrypter? If so thats how you make an .iso image and you can patch them. DVD Dycrypter is a free download btw

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

decrypter doesnt deal with bin/cue. If it is a bin/cue, then you must have to burn the cue file then.

6. Lund

Lund Member

Dvddecrypter can't make images from cds. And you dot need to burn the file but instead you can use a program like Daemon tools.

I managed to get an .iso file out of my .bin and .cue file and tried patching it with varius ea patching programs but none worked... Doesn't anybody know how to beat this problem?

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

Maybe it's a DVD-Rip problem. But I use swap magic 2.0, EA games don't need patched with that.

I'm just ending that cuz I can't help you out, sorry.

8. Lund

Lund Member

The neo2.2 need an ea patch on the disc to play with ar2 when you have a playstation2 v5! I know the problem, just need the solution!