1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EA Sports backup problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by eshspres, Nov 4, 2004.

1. eshspres

eshspres Member

First things first:
    PS2 Version 4
    Flip top
    Swap Disc DVD 2.0
    DVD Decrypter at 2X (because DVD-R can't burn at 1X)
    Memorex DVD-R
    ------
    I'm a little confused at what the problem is with my backups. I have originals of Madden 2005, NCAA 2005, Nascar 2005, and FIFA 2005, all of which play without problem. I tried to backup Nascar and FIFA, however, and faced a couple of problems. With Nascar I burned one copy that flat out didn't read. It gave me the blue screen and then nothing but a black screen. I thought maybe it was a bad burn and tried another burn. This copy loaded one time and froze at the inital "loading" screen. The second load it didn't load at all...blue border then black screen...nothing. The third load it loaded the entire game, though it took forever. I tried to enter a race and it froze on that loading screen. The fourth load it once again didn't load at all. As for FIFA I just got a green border at the "Insert Disc" screen, so I am burning another copy right now.

It should also be noted that I have successfully burned a copy of Medal of Honor: Frontline without any problems, it plays perfectly. Questions are: Could it be the media? What about the DNAS patch? I know flip tops are supposed to play EA games regardless of patching, but would this help? Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. eshspres

eshspres Member

Here's an update:
    I tried burning another copy of FIFA 2005 and this time I didn't get the green border...I got the red border of death. Before I go to the store to spend some more money on new media I was hoping for some feedback. Please toss some my way.

3. eshspres

eshspres Member

Because I got an overwhelming number of responses...oh wait...I didn't get any!! I decided to go at a test myself. Just for future users: for me the problem was media, at least so it seems. I ran to Circuit City and bought a 5 pack of Verbatim Data Life Plus DVD-R and both worked flawlessly on burning FIFA 2005 and Nascar 2005. Both of which seem to run better than the originals.

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

Swap magic plays all gamez without patchin not the fliptop case.
    i dont have sm so i had to patch fifa to get it 2 work flawlessly with ritek Go4 dvdr.
    Alot ov ppl have had probs wid memorex dvd-r.. avoid at all costs.