1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC doesn't read CD-TEXT

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DanyPerez, Oct 25, 2012.

1. DanyPerez

DanyPerez Member

Hi, when I insert a CD-DA with CD-TEXT, EAC doesn't show this info in the main screen and consequently can't write it to a .CUE. This file however does contain other subtleties such as catalog and ISRC.
    The options are:
    - "CD-Text Read capable drive" checked
    - "Get CD information from:" "CD-TEXT"
    I know the disc has CD-TEXT and the drive is CD-TEXT read capable because IsoBuster shows it. What else must I do to make it work?. Thanks!.

P.D. Certain tutorial on EAC mentions that in the Offset/Speed tab there should be a 'CD-Text Read capable drive' checkbox. I don't see it here, but in the DRIVE tab. There are other options such as 'Allow speed reduction during extraction'. But again, I DO know my drive can read CD-TEXT. My EAC is V1.0 beta3 29/Aug/2011. OS is Win7.
    MORE DATA: same EAC version, WinXP machine, works!. So I set EAC.EXE for XP SP3 compatibility at the Win7 PC, but it keeps ignoring CD-TEXT in two units, both of them showing it thru IsoBuster and ImgBurn.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

Try a different ripper. Try Mediamonkey I suspect that would be the most likely to read the text and would be the best for burned CDs. If that does not work try dbPowerAmp.

Both EAC and dbPowerAmp are designed to rip comercial CDs not burned ones.

You should have burned mp3s if your player could play them. Your play back equipment probably can't faithfully reproduce a top quality mp3.

3. DanyPerez

DanyPerez Member

Dear Mez, thank you for your hints!. I'll probably give Mediamonkey and dbPowerAmp a try.
    Anyway let me comment what my need was. My job is at a CD/DVD replicator, we received a poorly recorded CD-R master with jitter and BLER/C1 greatly above Red Book limits, and the PC that reads the masters to begin the matrix making process refused it. I could locate a drive (Win7 machine) that could read it without errors, but EAC failed to detect the text, that's why I posted the thread. After that, another drive in a different PC (XP) could not only properly rip the audio but also the text, and rebuilt a fresh master.
    Next time I'll try your suggestions, or go back to good old WinXP!. I bet the OS is wrecking the communication between disk and the application.
    Best regards!

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Both use Accurip. dbPowerAmp relys too heavily on Accurip. If an Accurip record is not found it doesn't switch to secure mode.

You might find the top sticky/post interesting. It has lots of random audio tech information.