1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC, LAME not writing YEAR to ID3Tags

Discussion in 'Audio' started by iklimon, Aug 31, 2004.

1. iklimon

iklimon Member

Good morning all. I've got an odd question for you. I've been using EAC for about 2 years now, since seeing it recommended here. I've used it with LAME (a number of flavors) and FLAC as well as straight ripping to waves. Never really had much of a problem. However, I have recently moved to a new machine and set up EAC and LAME on this machine. Its ripping and encoding fine except for one tiny problem. Its not writing the YEAR as entered in the YEAR area of EAC. I've ripped about twenty CDs on the new setup with no luck.

I am using the following:
    EAC v0.95pb5
    LAME 3.96.1 (--alt-preset standard%h %s %d)

The computer is running WinXP Pro SP2, AMD Athlon 64 FX53, 2 GB of RAM, 74 GB 10,000RPM Raptor, two Plextor drives (Premium and 712a I believe).

I've never run into a problem with it writing a complete tag until now. Even for the FLAC stuff it worked flawlessly.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. iklimon

iklimon Member

I should comment that I am getting all the other tags fine.

3. iklimon

iklimon Member

Sorry one more piece of information.

It IS writing the year to the ID3v1 tags, but it is NOT writing the genre to the ID3v1 tags.

It IS NOT writing the year to the ID3v2 tags, but it IS writing the genre to the ID3v2 tags.

Blah! I'm imagining that I'm missing some simple switching the command lines or a simple check box in EAC. Anyone have a clue? (I clearly don't ;-)