1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC & LAME producing WAV's not MP3's Help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mattyrob, Aug 13, 2004.

1. mattyrob

mattyrob Member

Hi all,

i installed EAC and LAME while following the very helpful guide on this site.
    Everything worked well, however when i looked at the files it produced i had 2 versions of each track, one WAV and one M3U.
    I had selected MP3 (even done it twice to make sure) but still the same result 2 files one WAV one M3U??

Can someone point me in the right direction please, i have visited the FAQ's on the EAC website and he mentioned something about headers?

Any guidance greatfully recieved

Cheers

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

make sure you have the right directory specified to save the mp3s. if external lame encoded them, they are there somewhere. the m3u is a playlist, which is generated by default. it can be disabled in the options somewhere. so can deleting the wav files as well. just double check where you have external lame save the files.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

click on EAC > EAC Options > Tools TAB. uncheck "create .m3u playlist" button. then click on the directories tab. make sure they're going where you want. click OK. then click on EAC > Compression Options > External Compression TAB. check the "Delete WAV after compression" button. Also verify that the EAC has the right path the the lame encoder. Also make sure the "use external compression" button is checked up top. That should solve your problems. Oh, and just to get rid of all possible options, you made sure to click the MP3 button, second from top, not WAV, right?

4. mattyrob

mattyrob Member

Cheers breadbins.....

i did not specify the correct path for lame hence compression did not take place!

EAC had pre-populated a path for lame which was very similar to what it should have been, hence i missed it. When i set the system up it scanned for LAME and found it successfully so i did not think of querying the path!!!

Anyway all sorted now and MP3's are being produced at a furious pace!!!

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

glad you got it working. EAC definately takes some time to figure out as far as settings go, but in the long run its worth it...the only ripper that makes exact 100% rips from the disc. rip away!