1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC V0.95, LAME 3.93.1 issues

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Bodene, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I downloaded and installed EAC along with the correct Lame encoder and ASPI layer. I've even managed to rip a couple tracks off of a CD, so I know it's working. However I need some help with a couple of things. If it isn't proper for me to ask these questions here, I apologise, but I can't find a guide anywhere that covers these issues.

1) How can I get the finished mp3 to have both the artist and song title on it? Currently, all I get is the title (via freedb) so I have to go in manually and add the artist's name.

2) How can I get EAC to rip only certain tracks? I've done one at a time, but I'd rather tell it which ones to begin with and walk away as it does its thang.

3) I can't get the sound to work on the integrated player. Is there a certain way to set that up in conjunction with another player on my puter?

4) Is it normal for the final mp3 file to have a bitrate tag of 499 or 541kbps? I know that LAME adjusts the bitrate as it encodes, but I don't think it encodes at THAT high of a level. EAC is currently set to encode at high quality, (192kbps) and the file size indicates it probably is around 192kbps.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

0) If not allready done set EAC options -> Tools -> Activate beginner mode = [off]

1) Afterdawn guide: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm
    Some more guides: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=7516&st=3&
    If you follow (one of) these guides and it still doesn't work, please give a more detailed description. BTW: Are you talking about ID3 tags or Filenames?

2) Highlight all tracks you want to rip (Ctrl + rightclick) -> rip

3) EAC options -> General -> Use alternate CD play routines

4) No it's not normal. Some players are not able to handle VBR mp3s correctly - try Winamp or Foobar2000. If results are still weird, try to follow one of the guides. Problem still there? Try a tool called VBRfix.

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

0,2 & 3 are done. =)

On 1) I was referring to the file name. I like my finished mp3 files's to read:
    'artist - title.mp3', but all they have is:
    title.mp3

On 4), the high bitrate I mentioned shows up on the little info flag that pops up when I put my cursor over the file. I guess that's the ID3 tag. It sez it's 499kbps on one, and 541kbps on another. My player doesn't display bitrate info, but it plays it just fine.

Thank you for your patient assistance. I'll check out the guides u suggested for any future issues that may arise.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

1) EAC options -> Filename -> Naming scheme:
    Here you can put whatever you want. You can even use it to create subfolders, e.g. like this:
    Resulting in e.g.:
    Folder:
    "f:\EAC Rips\Eric Clapton (1992) Unplugged"
    Files:
    "01 - Signe.mp3"
    "02 - Before You Accuse Me.mp3"

To get 'artist - title.mp3' use "%D - %T". (I'd recommend to use "%D__-__%T" (two blanks), because there could be artist names or titles containing " - ". This might lead to trouble when you want to e.g. create tags from file names automatically later._X_X_X_X_X_[small]AFTERDAWN FORUM RULES: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

the unusally high bitrate that appears when you scroll over say a particular ripped track usually means LAME wasnt finished encoding the track.. Or EAC isnt configured properly for encoding the tracks.. Any one of the guides should be able to help correct this issue..

EAC & LAME the only way to rip! Audiograbber, what a joke