1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest modchip to install

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by slycklink, Oct 10, 2004.

1. slycklink

slycklink Member

Hi. I have a V9 PS2 and I was wondering which modchip is the easiest one to install? I was leaning towards the Magic V because the diagrams were detailed and my Dad could see where to solder all the points ( My dad has a lot of experience with soldering). Can anyone give me some opinions? Thanks a lot.

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

well i install a matrix infinity and it was very easy only with 20 wire on a version 9

3. SCMods

SCMods Guest

duo 2 , matrix infinity , and dms3 plus will all be about the same on a v9 but i would not call any of them "easy" that would depend on you .

4. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

I also wanted to install a modchip for some time now. Is it easy if I have no clue on how this works? And do you have to buy one of those soldering kits to install one? What do you need?

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

SCMods

Take the email addy out of your sig immediately then read the forum rules.

6. SCMods

SCMods Guest

no it is not easy if you have no clue , it involves soldering 20+ wires to tiny surface mount parts .

7. SCMods

SCMods Guest

i guess you want me to pay like ps2ownz , no thanks i would rather no longer help people here to avoid anymore trafic to this site . had i known this site was lame like that i would never have joined in the first place .

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Okay then.

9. slycklink

slycklink Member

What about the Magic V? I know it has around 23 wires to solder. Does anyone have any complaints on that chip? Thanks everyone for their opinions.