1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easiest no-solder chip to install...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by duboy1, Jan 10, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

What is the easiest no-solder chip to install for ps2? I am looking to buy one for my ps2, and was wandering what would be easy to install for a beginner. Thanks!

duboy1

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what version ps2 do you have?

3. account

account Guest

well the slide card by far would be the easiest one to install all you have to do is just take off the front of your disc drive and your done you just have to swap the disc with the slide card.

the second would be the fliptop case all you have to do is swap the ps2 case for the flip top case takes a beginer about 20-30 mins as it did me when i first started with chips

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Version 5 i am pretty sure.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the only one that i know of is this http://www.modchip.com/ps2/v56pnporder.htm but it still requires the use of swap magic and you have to take your ps2 apart.the slide card and swap magic would do the same job but if your thinking about using swap magic then i would consider the fliptop its much more user friendly than slide card but if you dont want to be disc swapping then your only option is a no swap solder chip(eg magic3.1)