1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest way to mod xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MultiCopr, Oct 26, 2004.

1. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I am new to modding the xbox but my brother just got one and he wants to mod it to play backups. What all do I need and whats the best to get.....easiest, fastest, coolest (most options). There are so many modchips I dont know which one to choose. I realy dont want to solder anything, like I said easiest.

Thanks

2. mozo88

mozo88 Guest

i would defintely go with executor 3 V 1.0-1.5 have only 3 (V1.6 i think has 6) wires to solder, but the solder points are on the back of the motherboard and they are a lot easier to solder compared to the D0 solder point/via on the top of the motherboard that other modchips such as the xenium ice require.

And no there is no modchip out there that doesnt need soldering.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Cheapest and easiest is to go with the TSOP mod. If you have the right version,all you would have to do is bridge two gaps with solder,(easiest thing to do) and about 4 lines of commands. The only materials you will need is,memory card/1 rented,or owned game/a way to netwerk into your box (crosswire cable,or 2 cat5's and a hub or router) and about 5 minutes of your time.

4. GODSON

GODSON Guest

I have my xbox hooked up to a router already I just need to mod it. What the best place to buy executor 3 V 1.0-1.5 or an better chip to solder. Also would that 200 GB hard drive work or thats a bad idea.

5. mozo88

mozo88 Guest

no offense GODSON but i didnt understand what u were trying to say or ask...check ur grammar