1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest way to play PSOne imports on my PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Reaper137, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Reaper137

Reaper137 Member

I purchased the Breaker Pro v1.1 and it doesn't work on either my PSOne or PS2. I only want to play one game (Guitar Freaks) so I don't want to spend the money on an import system or modchip. With that in mind, what would be the best way to play the game?

2. Reaper137

Reaper137 Member

Oh, forgot to mention I do have a slide card and SM disks.

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Breaker pro

4. Reaper137

Reaper137 Member

Uh, if you were to actually [bold]READ[/bold] my original post you would know that I already [bold]HAVE[/bold] the [bold]BREAKER PRO[/bold] and it [bold]DOESN'T WORK[/bold].

5. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Reaper, the easiest way to play PS1 backups is on your PC. If you already have the backup (either as an iso, or as a disc) you can simply download an emulator and play it on that.

The PS1 emulation scene is pretty dead now, and it stopped because they pretty much got it perfect. Seriously, most of my ps1 games run better on my computer using ePSXe than they did on my original PS. Also, it's great for platform games and for RPGs.

It might be a little confusing when it comes to set up, but once you have it configured, that's the end of that.

If you want to use a Playstation controller to play the games (like I do) logitech makes a controller that's almost identical to the dualshock's design. It's a USB controller and it retails for about $20 USD on amazon. Alternatively, you can buy an adapter (for USB, Parallel Port, or Serial port) that'll connect your PS controller to your PC for less than ten bucks. (Watch out for the USB ones if you plan on playing DDR as you'll need to have the axes mapped to buttons in order to do doubles)

Anyways, I see a lot of guys here asking about the easiest way to play PS1 backups. And luckily, the time's been long enough that PS1 emulation is truly the way to go. No disc swapping, no modding, nothing special needed. You just need to download the files, the BIOS (search BIOS house on google, and you'll find a site that has downloads for BIOS files for a LOT of systems) and have the backups available.

Want more info?
    http://www.zophar.net/psx.html
    Will let you download ePSXe (the best psx emulator out there)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  6. Reaper137

Reaper137 Member

I tried ePSXe, however the sound was messed up quite a bit (tons of skipping). I downloaded a couple plugins and they helped but not enough. What is the best SPU plugin?