1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easy downgrading guide using lumines exploit

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspmoder, Aug 7, 2007.

1. pspmoder

pspmoder Member

ok so i found out about homebrew about a month ago. i was super excited but then found out my firmware wasto high. i was pretty bummed. but then i heard about the lumines downgrading so i gave it a shot. for those of you who are thinking about donwgrading read this and i will give a step by step guide through the process.

ok if you are already at the firmware 3.50 skip to step 4

if your a super noob and dont know how to find your homebrew then go to settings -> system settings -> system information and you shall find out their.

lets begin

1) first update to 3.50. you can find the eboot below

2) connect your psp to your computer and place the EBOOT.PBP in
    PSP -> GAME -> UPDATE

3) run the update and now you are at the grand 3.50

4) now download this file

(now before you do this i recommend to save all your folders that you see when you link the psp to the comp just for safety)

5) extract all the information inside and place all the files inside ms_root to the root of your memory stick. and get the 1.50 update and place it in psp -> game -> update. MAKE SURE TO NAME IT UPDATE.PBP

6) now insert a legal copy of lumines UMD into your psp
    check the box side near the bottom and look for these
    EU - ULES00043 or US - ULUS10002
    if the box says that than you can continue if not than try to find a copy of lumines that does

7) run the lumines game and when it gets to the main menu of it press X

8)now the screen will flash blue. if it does not and it continues to the game than re-do the steps up till here. or if it flashes red than just retry until it flashes blue.

9) now it will continue back to the main menu of your psp. go from here and make sure you are runnig 3.50 HEN. if you are then you are doing GREAT!

10) you will want to run the x.yz update. if you have higher than a TA-082 motherboard the program will ask you to patch it. you can not continue unless you do so.

11) before downgrading your psp it will ask you to press X to continue or the R-trigger to exit. this is because every time you downgrade you risk bricking your psp.

12) press x and DONT TOUCH YOUR PSP. i suggest you have it plugged into the wall just for safety.

13)after it is done the psp will reset itself

congradulations you are now a psp owner with the magical firmware of 1.50
    you know have the ability to run homebrew and go up to the oe's

if anyone has any suggestions for guides i will gladly write them.
    this was my first guides so please let me know if this helped you in any way.

2. gieann24

gieann24 Member

nice guide...
    question: where can i find ISO & Homebrew games? and how to put it in my psp?

thanks

3. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

go google psp homebrew games. and nice guide, but i'm sure there are more than 10 guides on this already.

4. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

psphacks.com has a few homebrew games.

5. pspmoder

pspmoder Member

well personally my favorite site for finding homebrew things would have to be http://dl.qj.net
    you can find many emulators and things that can be of use to you their. i dont really know much about iso's but i can look into that for you