1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Info for Starting on Modding XBOX 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TexasDude, Jun 18, 2007.

1. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

I have modded my Wii, PS2, Gamecube, but all have been bought as premodded. The XBOX 360 modding scene confuses me. There are premods to buy on the internet (FINALLY) but where do I go from there? Is it like the PS2 and Wii? Just obtain a backup image of your original game, burn to a DVD, and your done? Or wait...Is it a whole lot more complicated than that? I've read the afterdawn faq's about modding the 360 but there's just too much information and it's too confusing. What about XBOX 360 live if you premod your 360?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

It is a little more complicated but not much. Here are the basic rules.

1. It will be a dual layer ISO image so you can burn with any ISO burning program. I prefer IMGburn myself.
    2. You must use dual layer discs, preferably Verbati 2.4X to 6X
    3. YOu must use Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 or Schtrom o check the image you get for "stealth patching) which is a simple one button click process. If all passes your good to go. If not then you must stealth patch it yourself. Also a fairly simple process of downloading some files (SS, DMI,PFI) and injecting them into the ISO with either of the above programs.
    4. Burning the image at 4X has worked every time for me.
    5. The rest really depends on which DVD drive you have in your 360 and which firmware it came with.

A)If you have a HItachi drive with any of the firmware then EVERY game you burn must be a stealth copy and you must booktype the media to DVD-Rom
    B)If you have a Samsung drive with Extreme 5.0 to 5.3 then you do not have to do either of the above, although stealth patching can help you not get banned on Xbox Live, and booktyping helps with compatibility in your console.
    C) If you are running a Samsung with the newest iXtreme firmware then you must do the same as the Hitachi drive when making games. I do not think booktyping is required but stealth back ups are or they will not play.

360 back ups on Live are always a risk, like any other Xbox system in the past on XBL there is a chance you will get caught and banned. The iXtreme firmware was created to help with that. Stealth back ups and booktyping will also help. A lot of people have been banned and wuite a few more have not. So right now it is hit or miss really, all you can do is follow the above rules and do everything you can to help prevent yourself from being banned.

If you have any specific questions then just ask as i just kind of breezed through the above, but trust me it is no harder than the old PS2 with Swap Magic thing where you had to rebuild ISO files or remove dummy files. In fact it is much easier than all that.

3. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

Thanks for the info. I haven't gotten a 360 yet so what drive would it have if I bought it now and what would I have to do with that drive? Also, about the live thing, is it really that risky? Is there anyway to change your XBOX 360 code so you can rejoin Live or get unbanned? That seems too risky, doesn't it? Do you get banned for using the burnt games or is it the modchip that is detected? Should I just buy two consoles? One modded and one not?

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

no unbanning!

and to learn how to mod 360 search flashing xbox dvd drive

or mod firmware hack

or you can go for a modchip

5. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

What's the best way to go?

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

so far no bans on live with the latest xtreme firmware hack (xtreme 1.2)

modchip you should get banned if you use it online!
    but you can use the on off switch which should guarantee that you don't get caught while you are on live.

7. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

So I guess the best thing to do is to to use the latest firmware hack because you don't have to turn it off every time you play live?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

probbly a flash is your best bet. Turning a chip off is fine but then you have to use an original copy of any game you want to play online. And in the past chips have been typically easy for microsoft to detect, even if they were off.

9. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

How easy is it to update the firmware on a brand new XBOX 360?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

should not be too hard. And will be even easier if you spring for one of the kits from Xeno or Xecuter made to do it

11. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

Do I have to do any soldering whatsoever or is it just remove the cover and plug something in?