1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

easy ipod organizational issue

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by jester140, May 3, 2007.

1. jester140

jester140 Member

i just got a new 80gb ipod and i have to say, its not the easiest thing in the world to use. i have all my music stored on an external hard drive and when i got my ipod i transferred a lot of it to the device. it took a long time but when it finished i noticed that in the "artists" menu, a lot of the bands were duplicated. ie "Tiger Army" and "The Tiger Army". i understand that the ipod is stupid and thinks they are two different bands but is there an easy way to fix this without going into my computer and renaming every song?

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

In iTunes, sort them by artists. It will put things with 'The' in front of the artist name with the ones without the 'The' if that makes sense. Then, you can select all of the artist's songs by holding control then click on what you want to change. Then right click on them and press 'Get Info'. There, you can change all the artists of the songs you have selected in one step. ;-)

3. jester140

jester140 Member

awsome. thanx

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

No problem. :)