1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy step by step guide to install CFW and play backup games on PS3 :D

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sum41slave, Nov 30, 2011.

1. sum41slave

sum41slave Member

Hi guys!

This is my first post here. Im always looking at these forums for info hehe.

I have a question. Im not very good at modding at all! and I really would like to make my phat PS3 so that I can install back ups of games and still have most if not all functions of the original firmware.

I know there is A LOT of guides out there, but they are very confusing for me.
    I would really appreciate it if you guys could either post some links for me that
    direct me on how to do what im asking or post a step by step guide for dummies lol ^_^

This is exactly what I need help doing -

1. I have 3.6+ firmware, so I need a step by step guide on how to downgrade to the
    best firmware for modding.

2. I need a step by step guide on what exactly to download and how to install it onto
    my ps3 to make it possible to play back up games from either a flash drive, or installing a game to the internal hard drive from a flash drive (because I really dont know how to transfer a game from my computer, directly to the ps3 hard drive lol) also to be able to put a game into the ps3 and copy it directly to the hard drive so that I no longer need to use the disc.

Again, if you guys dont mind helping me out, anything you post really does have to be simple...Ive been trying for months to figure this out but its very technical for me..but I know I can do it! I just need the right person who is willing to help! ^_^

I know this is A LOT to ask but if you guys dont mind taking the time to help me
    I would be so so so grateful!!!

Thank you guys so much!!!! ^_^

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

You have 2 options:

1) Buy a downgrader and follow the instructions they give you on downgrading
    2) Wait probably 2 months, coul dbe more though, and see if KaKaRoTo cfw3.73 first of all works, and then second if someone else get backup managers working on them.