1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easynews

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mpenney, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

I would say last question but it probably wont be.

Will DVD Flick work with Windows Vista. It fails to mention Vista in the requirment for the operating system.

Is it possible to download the program and set its compatibility to run in XP?
    DVD Santa was giving me some problems until I switched it over to run its compatibility mode with XP

2. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

What is the best program to unzip the files that I download from Easy News to an iso.file?

3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

MPENNY---You say unzip TO an .ISO? You can use IMGBurn to burn or build an .ISO . If they are zipped (or .rar), use WinZip or WinRar to unzip it. WinRar will also unpack your .ISO if you want but thats a different story...You said it was .avi before, use DVDflick or if you have Nero use Nero Vision. I personally dont use DVDFlick since I'm familiar with Nero but I'm pretty sure it works with Vista cause I havent read any threads specifically saying it doesnt (even though I dont post alot, i read most everything...)

4. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

Okay. How exactly to I take the rar file and have extract it, or make it an iso., to use with DVD Flick or Nero to burn?

That is where I'm running into my first problem.

Please help, I've looked for a guide but i'm coming up short on finding one.

Thanks,

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Do you have Winrar installed on your computer?If not, you have to install it.Then double click the rar file(if your movie came in a multitude of rar files just double click on the first one). Winrar will open, click on the folder and then choose "Extract to"(or click on the "Wizard"). Choose the location where you want the movie to be extracted to and click "okay".

6. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

It's keeping them as .avi files and want to play in Windows Media Player. I'm not getting the option to change the file to an .iso (if I need to, I'm not sure). I'm still lost here.

7. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

In the WinRAR window it shows the file as a "video Clip".

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You do not need to make an ISO. Extract the video file, your AVI,and that is what you use with DVD Flick to convert to DVD, or with Nero Vision. Unless you have a Divx certified player. If you have a Divx player, no need for conversion, just burn as a data disc.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  9. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

Okay which program is better for what im trying to do?
    DVD Flick or Nero

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, if the video needs subtitles, then DVD Flick, as adding subs with Nero is a pain in the arse.
    Some people report out of sync audio/video with Nero. I have seen some sync issues with DVD Flick too though. Both output good quality( I can't say one is better than the other regarding the quality). On my machine, when both are set for high quality encoding, 2-pass, DVD Flick is faster. The menu creation, has more fancy options in Nero, but that might be the cause Nero Vision was slower.

11. FredBun

FredBun Active member

wow, I never knew you could'nt get subtitles using nero.

12. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You get subtitles if using Nero Recode for example to reauthor a DVD, or recode to mp4, but not external subtitles when using Nero Vision to convert AVI for example to DVD, with embedded subtitles. Not with Nero's original codecs anyway, you have to disable them and use FFDShow instead.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008