1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay faceplates?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ncasx, Sep 19, 2007.

1. ncasx

ncasx Regular member

Anyone buy any faceplates,backplates,UMD door... from ebay before? Are they any good, i've seen a bit of color chrome ones on ebay, with backplates, faceplates n everything. Some even say PSP and SONY and they PS logo n stuff like that.(like this one) I'm sure there aren't orginal parts. Also there are other ones, that dont say orginal but still has PSP logo, on them, any chance that the plates says it on the "real" product, n anyone know if there like the real product, idts but im just wondering, was going to get a camy n a backplate. But then i search ebay n found all these weird faceplates. I would contact the seller for information, but my upload speed is extremmely slow these couple of days, i can't even log-in.
    thx in advance.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

I bought a new black faceplate and backplate just like that black one on that link. While the faceplate looks the same as the official ones and they have the glossy surface, my one came in a plastic bag so had scratches on it....so if you're gonna get a faceplate, don't expect it to not have any scratches. It's almost identical but....I noticed the only real difference is that the writing on the faceplate was a bit fatter than the official ones.

The backplate on the other hand was ABSOLUTE rubbish...I don't recommend getting it at all. The plastic is cheaper quality and I had a real hard time screwing all the parts onto the backplate cause the screw holes weren't perfect and some screws wouldn't fit. Also the UMD door doesn't close properly. It keeps flinging open. The battery cover also keeps falling off. The Sony logo on the back on the top left also isn't there. The MS plastic cover bit that you pull out also doesn't have the strip to attach to the actual casing, so it just falls off.

Just remember that all the faceplates and backplates on eBay aren't official Sony ones...even if they say they are. The only way to get official Sony ones I believe is directly through Sony themselves.

If you really need to get anything I can only say the faceplates are worthy since they're almost identical and fit just like the original one. Avoid the backplate but...trust me it's garbage and a waste of money. I would put my old backplate back on if I could but I broke the UMD door hinge in the process of taking it off since I thought I wouldn't need it so I just can't be bothered mucking round anymore.

3. iZAMURAi

iZAMURAi Member

im going to make a video soon of my psp.. its sooo clean!. Clear case. Front and back. The front is nothing compared to putting the back on. You pretty much have to dismantle the whole thing. My umd door flickered too but it got fixed at the same time i cut the plastic off the backplate so the gears spin freely so it can read umd's. I now know a lot. And everything looks clean and works perfect. Although i didnt get mines on ebay. I got mines cheaper and the full replacement. 17 bucks baby!

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Where do u get clear cases for 17$? coolmods.co.uk have them for 21Euro/30$ ?

Edit:dealextreme?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  5. ncasx

ncasx Regular member

thats cool, guess ill go with the clear, or something, cause i need that gray strip, through the middle attached to the backplate. only place i see selling that cost about 20$, so mind as well get a clear, then decide what to do, theres also the led modding i could do with a clear case... thx