1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EclCCE error message?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by redsand, Aug 9, 2004.

1. redsand

redsand Guest

I have been able to use DVD Shrink now on a couple of movie's, without any problems... Everything that I have read seems to say use DVDRebuilder and CCE for movie's with more 15%-20% compression. No problem I have followed the guide provided here, but I am having a problem with EclCCE. I am using the 30 day free trial. I get all the way through ripping and transcoding but then recieve a message "C:Runaway JuryD2VAVSitem.elc is not ECL for CCE Basic Trial Version"...
    Did I do something wrong when I added the EclCCE.exe? I'm not sure what to do next?

Thanks

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

ECLCCE doesn't work with CCE Basic. You have to use a CCE SP trial with it. The trial version of Basic isn't really suitable for testing the quality of DVD-RB encodes anyway, since it will only encode a few minutes of the movie.

3. redsand

redsand Guest

Is CCE SP the $2000 ? Or will the $58 dollar work because it uses the same engine?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  4. vurbal

You only use the SP version to see what the results will look like with the $58 version (Basic). The advanced features shouldn't make a difference.

5. vurbal

You only use the SP version to see what the results will look like with the $58 version (Basic). The advanced features shouldn't make a difference.

6. erdoke

erdoke Guest

I played a little bit with the two versions of CCE a couple of months ago. If the movie is long and exceeds the size of 3 GB (note that audio streams must not be counted and one DTS stream can be 1 GB), then the extra passes start to matter more and more. With Titanic (where even the original transfer is far from perfect) you are able to tell the obvious difference between the 2 pass Basic and the 5 pass SP encoding. No other tweaks of the SP were used.
    Of course the movie type is also important, a romantic melodrama often takes less visual information than a rapidly moving action. :eek:)

7. vurbal

That's certainly an interesting observation, and I'd love to see more tests like you describe. The other variable that you have to take into account in this case is the way DVD-RB divides things up. Were you testing with DVD-RB?

The reason I ask is that the size of each DVD-RB segment is no longer than a chapter, and often times less, so there should be less variation with additional passes because CCE doesn't have as much video to encode, and therefore there are fewer decisions to be made about where the bits should go. This is, of course, a theoretical observation, and I haven't tested it. Given your observations I may have to do some testing of my own. I'd use Titanic for it, but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy it - even for a good cause.

Now I just have to see if I can get some time with CCE SP where I used to work.

8. erdoke

erdoke Guest

I was forced to buy Titanic by my wife but I understand your point... ;o)

The testing was done with DVD2DVDR, RB had too much bugs those days. Actually I did not have time to do it again with RB.
    The trial version of CCE SP is suitable for testing, the "Demo" sign in the picture does not influence judging the quality.