1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Economical printer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jodysuseditems, Sep 5, 2013.

1. jodysuseditems

jodysuseditems Newbie

What's the best printer to print 600 album covers for a standard cd case 5 inch by 5 inch front and back album cover.

I'm using a Dell 1250c right now and it's a color laser printer but the bootleg ink refills are $40 for powder about 80 grams in each color. I could only print 25 pages before the ink got down to less then 5 grams. Maybe the printer is defective? I did buy it refurb off eBay.

Is there such a color printer that use only lasers and no ink or powder, so you never have to buy a refill or refill kit?

What does KInkos fedex use to print color copies?

Thanks in advance!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. jodysuseditems

jodysuseditems Newbie

so I'm not sure whats up with your reply, but I didn't ask where to buy over priced toner cartridges. I was asking what is the best kind of printer to use, ex: inkjet, laser, etc.

Also is there a inkless printer. How does a print store like kinkos afford to print so much, what kind of printers do they use?

4. ddp

nope again. color lasers. obviously you didn't read the 1st link as those cartridges full is cheaper than what you are paying for refills. there is some home office b\w laser printers that have toners that can print 10,000 or more pages for about $150CAN. should have bought brand new not a refurb unless it came with a good warranty.

5. jodysuseditems

jodysuseditems Newbie

Color lasers? That use ink/powder?

I pay $30 for refill powder of all four colors on ebay free shipping. $20 per cartridge is a rip-off, ebay has all four cartridges for $40 free shipping.

Need color. I have seen monochrome printers that would be idea, but its am album cover so it needs character/color. Thanks for your help tho.

6. ddp

lasers use powder, inkjets\bubblejets printers use ink. a friend of who was 1 of the dj's on the radio pirateship caroline in the mid 60's in the english channel uses a canon pixma series inkjet printer to do his album cd & dvd movie covers & does more then 40 covers then your color laser does. even my hp color laser with starter cartridges will do 750 pages in color, full cartridges will do 1500 pages in color & 24 or 2500 pages in black. my freebie hp black laser with the original cartridge in it that i found on the side of the road has already done well over 400 pages with 300 of them in business cards for my mother.

7. jodysuseditems

jodysuseditems Newbie

Great what model is your hp color laser that does 750 pages in color? I was at walmart tonight and saw a color laser hp for $144 model P1102w. Was gonna search around see if it has any good reviews.

I read on the toner details of most color lasers, it will do 14-1500 pages color at 5% cover. Whats this 5% color it refers to? Does your hp do 750 full page in color or like a full pic?

8. ddp