1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edifier 2.1 speakers (S530D) not working on laptop [resolved]

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Petezko, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Petezko

Petezko Member

So I just bought these Edifier S530D speakers for some cash since I read a lot of positive reviews from them. However, once I try to set them up and switch them on I can't hear any music from them, the music still comes from the laptops' inbuilt speakers. The laptop is operating Windows 7.

Should the speakers be attached to the laptops microphone, line-out or digital SPDIF/headphone jacket? The provided instruction manual is very unclear here.

It's also funny, my friend is using his whatever speakers through the headset jacket, however at Microsoft's general support site it says speakers should be connected through the microphone jacket.

Not also sure if some settings should be tweaked from the Sound settings, I tried setting the Microphone as standard device from the Recording tab (as per Microsofts guide) with no success.

All the wires between speakers and the sub should be fine since the wired remote's screen shows they are attached.

Thx for any tips.

2. Petezko

Petezko Member

Resolved.