1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

edit dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by xman2000, Dec 27, 2004.

1. xman2000

xman2000 Member

is there anyway to play a dvd in your computer while recording selected scenes from it for additional editing?

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Only DVD-RAM discs (as opposed to DVD-R or DVD+R discs) support reading and writing at the same time.

But I don't know if this can be done or not in your PC.

Adder.

3. xman2000

xman2000 Member

I want to take some video from dvd-A and other footage from dvd-b put it onto my computer. Edit footage together and make a new dvd-c with it.

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey xman2000,

This is a little different to your first question!

Are you editing the footage or just cutting out some of it?

If you are just cutting a section out (from each DVD) to paste together, then all you need is DVD Shrink (if you don't want a menu). See here... http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

If you wanted a menu, then you need to use something like DVD Lab.

Adder.

5. xman2000

xman2000 Member

I would like a menu for the disk. Will DVD Lab allow me to make MPG's out of the DVD files?. What I really want to do is take DVD+r's from a Tabletop DVD recorder, Edit the commercials out of TV Shows and make a single Disk without the commercials
    . Thanks for the Help Adder01

6. Sheariah

Sheariah Guest

I have children. My DVD's get scratched & damaged so I like to make backup copies of originals and store the originals safely away until needed to replace the scratched copy. I have no problem with this part, but I've noticed more & more the movie makers like to insert unnecessary sex scenes that I prefer my children including teenagers) not watch repeatedly. Actually, I prefer not to see it! I want to edit out these scenes from my backup copy. I was able to edit out these undesirable scenes very neatly with MPEG-VCR and save them back as vob files. But then the ifo files didn't match and the movie was no longer recognized by prog I use to burn (Intervideo DVDcopy). Using IFOedit only managed to remove references to the edited vobs so that only the non-edited vobs were recorded. On the partiular movie, sex scenes were only in VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_5.VOB. IFO edit renumbered VTS_01_2.VOB to VTS_01_1.VOB, etc. and skipped the ones I had edited. Can you tell me the trick to put it all back together to burn to DVD without the sex scenes. I really wish the movie producers did not think people always want to watch people having sex in every movie, then I wouln't need to do this.

7. dimad

dimad Regular member

You can try editing features of DvdReMake http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake (even non Pro version will do) to cut off scenes from the DVD as well as remove previews, trailers, etc, etc. It will preserve the rest of the disk (menus, original navigation, etc).

8. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Ok...XMan2000 first...

Use DVD Shrink as I said but don't write the files to DVD, just write them to your harddrive as files (VOB, IFO, etc).
    Now use DVD Lab to import the VOB files and create a menu for them! This will also let you create chapter points.

Sheariah...

Firstly...please start your own message next time. :)
    Secondly...you could 'glue' the VOB files together using DVD Lab too...and then create your own menu (or just leave it without one). DVD Lab is great for putting VOBs together and creating the DVD on your harddrive (it doesn't burn, it is primarily a menu creator)
    OR
    You can use DVD Shrink (see my Dec 29th message) to cut out the scenes you don't want. Note that if you had lots of scenes to remove this would take awhile, but IFOEdit is probably just as long.

DVDReMake seems to be able to solve these problems... but DVD Shrink is free and DVD Lab has a 30 day FULLY WORKING trial version for download. Sorry Dimad.

Adder.

9. dimad

dimad Regular member

Yeah, each of these prgorams has its pros&cons :)

10. Shadow6

Shadow6 Member

Could DVD shrink and DVD lab be used to edit short scenes of a movie together so the video will be about 5 minutes long? I am trying to put these scenes to a music background and I dont know if this would work. Any suggestions?