1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Editing 8mm Films (now on DVD)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Leggy, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Leggy

Leggy Newbie

Whilst at school some 50 years ago a group of us made films on both standard and super 8 mm film. We ran these films with sound using a reel to reel tape recorder synchronised to the projector. I have had the films, picture only, transferred to DVD. and copied the sound onto CD for ease of use. I tried Windows Movie Maker combined the sound with picture but not very satisfactory. so I want a "movie editing programme" to do this. Then to burn the completed movies onto DVD .There are several on the market. I know some have free versions but am happy to buy a "pro" version, at a sensible price (max£100).
    I would also like to do some colour correction at a future date some have faded a bit.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If nothing forth coming try over at videohelp.com.I would say dvd styler however i'm not so sure it will do whats needed

3. whitefalcon

whitefalcon Newbie

there is speed difference that with out having a time code will be hard to sync you can come close if you use a digital delay till you find a sweet spot.

4. johnebadbak

johnebadbak Member