1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

editing a movie??please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mybudgie, Dec 23, 2004.

1. mybudgie

mybudgie Member

I know that DVD Shrink has a "reauthor option", but how do I for instance remove a segment from the middle of a movie. The segment would be smaller than a chapter.It would have to be cut out, and then the film would have to be joined together again. I really want to do this, but I don't know what program to use . Please help!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

So you just want the movie? No menus? And you want to remove a section from the middle. DVD Shrink can do it with a little fiddling...

Go here http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php and use the "Intermediate guide" to grab the first 'half' of the movie (without the middle bit).
    Once completed do the same for the second half. Saving each half into different directories as though they were separate movies.

Now use the "Compilation guide" from the same page to put the two halves together.

HoHoHo.

3. mybudgie

mybudgie Member

Thanks! It helped. However, I noticed while watching the edited movie the the transitions between the segments (which were stored as separate files) were not smooth: There is a momentary freezing and the DVD player makes a sound during every transition. Is that supposed to be that way, or can it be done better?