1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing DVD's made with a Panasonic DVD Recorder?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by metal80s, Nov 17, 2004.

1. metal80s

metal80s Member

What I want to do is remove the generic menu screen and replace it with my own I also want to add chapters as the ones made by the recorder split clips. I have DVDX Copy Platinum,Easy DVDCopy & Pinnacle Studio 8 but don't know where to begin.

2. Horace11

Horace11 Member

I presume you mean you have dubbed and finalised a DVD on your Panasonic DVD Recorder (which one?) and now want to re-author it on your PC to change the title screen and insert chapter breaks at appropriate places.

I can't help you with detailed re-authoring instructions - there are guides and tips elsewhere on this site.

However, if you want to avoid a lot of work, you can create chapter breaks and have them recognised during the burning process on your Panasonic (assuming it is one of the models that support this) if you use high speed mode for the dubbing. Standard dubbing from HDD deletes any chapters you have created and re-sets chapter breaks to every 5 minutes or so. And you have to remember to setup for high speed dubbing [bold]before[/bold] you record your original to HDD, otherwise it all reverts to standard (slow) transfer mode, and removes all chapter and thumbnail info as well. High speed dub has some restrictions though - you're constrained to 4:3 format, and limited audio options, although these won't be a problem unless you want several languages all talking at once.

One problem with Panasonic, regardless of slow or high speed dub, is the title screen. You're given only the blank tmeplate provided by Panasonic and can only change colours.

3. metal80s

metal80s Member

It's a DMR HS2