1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

editing installed FFXI files on PS2 HDD help pls!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kama8472, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Kama8472

Kama8472 Member

i am trying to edit the files of the FFXI installation that is on my PS2 HDD

does anyone know how this can be done? i can install the HDD into my PC as a slave drive but will windows explorer be able to view those files? is there any other program i need to view the files that are already on the PS2 HDD?

most of the info i've found so far is about putting other games on the HDD, i havent found anything about editing the game that is already on it.

thanks in advance if anyone can help me out

2. Kama8472

Kama8472 Member

bump

explorer cant access the drive at all. HDL dumb can see the drive but has no ability to edit the data already stored on the drive

winhiip or whatever can see the drive but cant view the current data

anyone have any ideas or clues to help me out here? i'm just trying to access the data that comes on the retail ps2 HDD

3. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

not to be nosey, bu why exactly are you trying to edit your files for an online game?

4. Kama8472

Kama8472 Member

i'm trying to get rid of a few files that are causing a problem

all important information is kept on the playonline servers so it wont do any damage to ffxi or any other players

5. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

ah, ok, got ya. have you tried reformatting your harddrive witht he sony disk and reinstalling ffxi? idk if it came with a ffxi disk or not, dont have the official drive, bu just a suggestion.

6. Kama8472

Kama8472 Member

yes but the problem is happening even with a fresh install, i know the file that needs to be removed but i have no way to access it. there doesnt seem to be any way to browse files from the ps2, and when i hook the HDD up to my PC i cant find any programs that will recognize the contents of the drive

someone mentioned that linux might be able to access the drive, but i have no idea how to get a linux browser working on a windowsXP machine (i heard something about linux on ps2, but again, no idea how to do that)