1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing scenes together

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by richhow, Nov 7, 2004.

1. richhow

richhow Member

Hi guys,

I know you probably get this alot, but I have looked so much and I can't find the answer to my question anywhere!

What I want to is save a dvd to my computer and leave it saved there so I can watch it through Powerdvd. OK easy right WRONG!

I want to edit the DIFINITIVE version of Donnie Darko. Mixing the two versions of the film + the deleted scenes.

Ok so I have ripped all the files/scenes I want to my pc. I have used dvdshrink to do this.

Can someone suggest

A what programs I need so I can do this

B WTF do I do after I rip the file with dvdshrink?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

PS I started doing this 4 days ago for the first time and have had NO success. I am a PC retard so please no fancy words.

Thanks in advance!

Dick

2. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

i know u can use Shrink to rip a movie, but i use dvd decrypter to rip to the HD and if i wanted to burn it i would have to shrink it down some and thats when i use shrink. give that a try and i think u should get ithttp://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr_page_2.cfm
    hope this helps

3. richhow

richhow Member

Ok thanks for your reply, but I don't want to burn it!

I have ripped all the files to my pc. I now want to re-edit the film. IE take stuff out , or put stuff in. Scenes not menus etc. I have all the scenes I want to edit stored as vob files. I want to re-edit the film though.

What program should I use to reedit. Can I edit vob files or do I have to convert them to a different type of file. Which ones?