1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

editing vob without quality loss...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by daimlercs, Feb 4, 2005.

1. daimlercs

daimlercs Member

Hi for all! I would like to know if there is one program qualified to edit Vob files and add transition and some other effects without video quality loss, because i have searched every place and didnĀ“t find nothing about this...

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yup you sure can...What you need is a Native Mpeg-2 editor Like "Womble Mpeg Video Wizard 2003" it will Let you Cut and Join and add Simple Transitions and even effects without any Quality Loss because it does not re-encode the Whole Video file it only re-encodes the Parts that have the Effects and Transitions so for the Most Part you shouldn"t Notice any differance in Quality or File size and it will render the File to a Mpeg-2 file very quickly...

You will have to Re-author the Mpeg-2 file to DVD with a DVD Authoring Program because after editing the VOB/Mpeg-2 file will not properly Corespond with the Info in the IFO and BUP files..Vob files and Mpeg-2 files are the same Format accept that VOB files have different info in the Header that coresponds to the Info in the IFO, BUP Files....

Cheers

3. daimlercs

daimlercs Member

very thanks man! i have been using mpeg2vcr software, its quite good, have a few bugs, but now i will use this!!!

Very thanks!

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Even easier would be DVDLab.
    Import .vob's, add any effect, transition, menu, whatever, then compile and burn.
    Doesn't touch the audio or video tracks, just adds what you want.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Accept that DVDLab only has a Trimming Feature but no editing feature so It would be Useless to him....

6. bignz

bignz Member

i downloaded the app but cannot import a vob file
    can someone assist?

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

What app?? And what error message do you get???

8. tmog

tmog Member

What APP are you speaking of bignz?
    DVDLab?

9. bignz

bignz Member

im sorry for delay , thx for both inquiries. i downlaoded /installed Womble Mpeg Video Wizard but couldnt impot vob. it said "unable to import (filname.vob)"

10. bignz

bignz Member

ive tried vob2mpeg but was told i have all sorts of .dll file cant be found, such n such directory is missing something, etc.
    I have an ilo dvr and trying to take my vob files and convert to mpg so i can use a ulead dvd creator software i have to make custom menus etc

is there a way to record on an ilo as a mpeg from the get-go? do u know?

Thanks
    Bignz

11. Minion

Minion Senior member

Do you have Proper Mpeg-2 and Dolby AC3 decoders Installed on your System?? and did the Vob files you tried to import into Womble have only one audio and Video Stream with no Subtitles???

Well the VOB file Must be Ripped with only one audio Track and One Video Track and with no Subtitle Streams because Womble can not read Multiple audio Streams and Subtitle streams...Most Good DVD Ripping programs have the Option to Rip only certain Streams from the Vob file..I use "SmartRipper" and it has the Option to Rip the DVD as a Single Big VOB file that has the audio and Video streams that you want in it...

Cheers

12. bignz

bignz Member

smartripper? hmmm ill try it
    ill take all your feedback into consideration
    i will attempt this tonight. i usually use my ilo dvd's which have single audio stream
    but i do recall just as a test i threw in a commercial dvd and im sure it had subs and multiple audio :) so ill try it again tonight
    Thanks!