1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeek what did i do to my disc drive?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Envy, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Envy

Envy Member

Was trying some techniques to play my backup games via the slide card method, sept at first i used a real knife, i moved the white thing across, pulled open drive with my hand. Then pushed it back in, i cudnt see white thing anymore so i just pressed the eject button, it made few strange noises at first but after pressing it again moved the white thing back across the the left. So i tryed this a few times but bacically i needed to be able to push it across and then back across manually. So i tryed this potato piercer, i moved it across as far as it wud go, but what i cudnt pull open the drive, so i tryed to press eject button and it made a mixture of even stranger noises than b4, so i tryed eject again but no luck. Geez i even made a replica of the swap card to try and pull it across but i cudnt see or feel the white thing. I even opened my ps2 up, took the disc drive top off but still i cudnt get underneath the actual disc holder where this white thing was. Im no great person to the ps2 side of things but any ideas what ive done and if it can be fixed?

many thanks in advance people :D

envy

2. Envy

Envy Member

bump

3. Hazin

Hazin Member

did u take ur whole ps2 apart, or just the top, because you can take the bottom off to, and that will give you access to the area under the drive

4. Hazin

Hazin Member

if you dont know how to take off the bottom...

Cyprien

12. March 2004 @ 12:59
    2 silver screws on the mem cards/controller ports form the right and the left...1 screw near the power plug just look inside youl see the silver screw.. after removing them just put hand in the exp bay and lift youl see the bottom is off the ps2...

5. Envy

Envy Member

hrmz i need to ctually get inside the disc reader and then underneath the disc holder, is this possible?

envy