1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeprom backup and hdd upgrade?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by khefka, Apr 6, 2007.

1. khefka

khefka Member

There is some great info on these forums, I just have one or two specific questions to ask before I finalize my plans.

Q.1
    I will be picking up the Action Replay to softmod my Xbox. I understand with krayzie's softmod package it will ask you to backup your eeprom so that you can always salvage or rebuild a harddrive if anything goes wrong. Will this info be saved on the Action Replay card itself?

Q.2
    I plan to upgrade the HDD to a larger one shortly after softmodding it. I may want to install a game on the existing drive first though, or put some other media on it before picking up a new hard drive. Will there be an easy way to transfer this info over to the new hard drive before installing it? That kind of seems to me like a stupid question but the whole locking/unlocking thing has me wondering how this process will go.

Q.2.5
    I understand with the ps2 harddrive, that larger capacity ones will cause the games to run slower. Is this the case with the xbox, or could I get a 500GB drive and throw all my games on it without worrying about anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

Q.1
    it will not be backed up to the ar it will be backed up to a file called eeprom.bin on your xbox hard drive and you must transfer that to your computer incase something goes wrong and for upgrading the hard drive.

Q.2
    It will be easier to just install something on the first hard drive then install it again on the second hard drive, what i did was i softmoded my xbox then created a factory xbox drive on an upgraded hard drive and put it in my xbox and then softmodded my xbox again with that hard drive.

Q.2.5
    I dont think a bigger hard drive will afect the gmes running speed, you should be fine if you use a 500 gig drive but you would only need that big a hard drive if you wanted to backup 100 games