1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EEPROM Backup, won't move to F, or E

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by corn, Apr 28, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

I am trying to backup my EEPROM, I have tried looking on E:\UDATA\0000000\Backup. And, it's not located in there. I did a backup on the whole folder "Backup" in the E drive, and I don't know the file name. I then moved it to the F drive, and nothing is located in there.
    I might just backup everything located on the Xbox, if this is a bad idea just let me know. Or could someone just tell me where the EEPROM is at?

2. corn

corn Guest

Nevermind, I found it, it was located in the C drive, I just backed up the whole drive.

3. stupida

stupida Guest

could i ask how did you backup your eeprom, im asking because i havent done it!!!! just in case my xbox will screw-up, i should have an eeprom ready

4. corn

corn Guest

FTP into your Xbox, and go to /E/Backup/. You will see Eeprom, and MS, backup Eeprom.

5. stupida

stupida Guest

i could do that!!!! but first i must backup my files using the evox apps,before i ftp, right? but to tell you the truth this is the first time im using evox, and there is really alot of apps here and im not ready to explore it just yet (my xbox was busted years ago, and i just recently learned how to hotswap and now its softmod +better than ever+) so its kinda my first time

6. stupida

stupida Guest

sorry theres no question there, what apps should i use to back-up my eeprom? my evox is the Shademand's version

7. corn

corn Guest

Never used it, I used Ndure to softmod my Xbox, and I never like EvoX. I use UnleashX. Sorry, I can't help you much
    : (.

But, can you boot up the installer again? If so, there should be like "Backup Eeprom". And from there, you can move the Eeprom to any drive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  8. stupida

stupida Guest

no problem, thanks for the reply!!!! ill try what you have suggested!!!!

thanks!!!!

9. stupida

stupida Guest

one last thing, could i ask why you dont like evox? have you tried it? and what is the difference between the two?

10. corn

corn Guest

The Ndure EvoX has nothing special IMO. But, thats just my opinion. I first tried EvoX, and didn't like it, then switched to UnleashX. I just prefer it.

11. stupida

stupida Guest

thanks, maybe one of these days i could change it too!! just to try it

thanks for the response, god bless

12. steimy

steimy Active member

EvoX is a good browser for the beginner. But it lacks the great file browser and gamesave manager that UnleashX has. Other than that they can both be customized so that the menu's have exactly what you want on them. I still use EvoX but have UnleashX, Avalaunch & MS Dash as options to load from my main menu (by editing the EvoX.INI file)
    Personally i hated the Ndure softmod as it lacks a good dual boot mode (at least the one i had did) It only had one dual boot option.
    Press eject and get the softmod menu, press power and get your dashboard. Where as the regular SID 4.5 has it set to dual boot like this:
    Power button goes to hacked dash (EvoX, UnleashX or whatever)
    Eject button goes to the standard MS Dash. for those who use Xbox Live.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  13. stupida

stupida Guest

yup, maybe ill just stick to the Evox hehe!!!! i didnt know that you could put evox, unleashx, etc. together thats much better!! did you upgrade your HDD? cuz it may have took a lot of space.

14. corn

corn Guest

You can get AID-3.0 (don't know if 3.1 is stable yet). I used that to install all my apps. But, I kept getting Error 21, don't know why.. So, I just said forget modding.

Anyways, install XBMC as an application, I think it works best that way.
    You can get weather for your area, listen to radios on the net, and LOTS of other things.

15. stupida

stupida Guest

yeah, ill try that!!!! just need to find it first, hehehe.....
    thanks a lot

16. stupida

stupida Guest

oh one more thing, what is the difference with XBMP and XBMC? is it just an updated version? cuz i have XBMP installed in my unit along with evox

17. corn

corn Guest

18. stupida

stupida Guest

no problem, this is much better!!!! thanks a lot, ill install it as soon as possible!!!! thanks again......

19. corn

corn Guest

No problem man.

20. steimy

steimy Active member

Just make sure you do not try to install more than one dashboard (hacked, not including the original MS Dash) to the C: partition. If you do your systemj will not boot. JUst install the one you want, then install the rest to E: or F: ,depending on where your other apps are, in the apps folder. Then you can just load them like any other application when you want to use them.

I did upgrade my HDD. I put in a 300GB western digital so i had room to put all the games i play, and plenty i don't, on it. They play much better from the HDD plus with the right chip you have IGR (in game reset) so you can press a combo of buttons and it goes back to the dash so you can load another game without leaving your seat.