1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeprom writing??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by teejmang, Apr 7, 2007.

1. teejmang

teejmang Member

hi.. i am new to the forums here.
    (please take a minute to read, PLEASE???)

need some help with the eeprom..

okay, first, i have tried figuring out how to put together the eeprom reader(very confused)

someone, i need some serious help..

my xbox, powers up. fan works, hd runs. christmas lights for 2 seconds, then solid red light... what do i do? someone has told me i need an eeprom reader/writer. i dont want to spend 50 bucks on buying one, then find out that it doesent work. so, i figure i would try and make the eeprom reader in the forums here. Not easy! i have went out and bought all the stuff that it says i need, but then i try and start to put it together, and then all of a sudden in the pictures, comes two other different colors of wires..

im kinda stumped.. like, i need someone to help me.. as i am broke, no option of getting outta the house, and wantto play this xbox..

please help me

thank you so much for reading

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

this should help you.

3. teejmang

teejmang Member

if you would have read what i wrote, you wouldent of sent me to the link i was talking about.. that was confusing.

gee. thanks for nothing...

do people not read anymore.? if there is someone out ther ethat can assist me.. please help. thanks

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Better lower your tone and watch to who you talk to like that. Everybody within these forums assist others willingly during their free time without pay. What are you trying to say? "thanks for nothing?" lightning could strike sooner than you think (those know what im talking about after it happened to CoolHero, i was laughing till my gut hurt man that’s hilarious! they warned him I don’t rejoice but if we could ask TBS what was the funny ratio was I say it would be “hilarious”). It comes up to a point that who receives the advice must do some extra research and try a bit harder to comprehend nobody is going to do everything nor think for you. If you going to talk down well this is your readjustment. Any negativity will no be taken lightly nor tolerated. I speak for everybody these are the types of individuals who go unnoticed and ignored here, don’t be one of those. Take it ever which way you want. Egos up in here aint nothin; hope you take this in a positive manner.

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Wires are wires.. the colour doesn't matter. It's what they connect to that matters.

The solid red is more likely a broken trace rather than anything actually wrong with the eeprom.

The guide is easy enough to follow IF you read carefully. You should be able to work it out from the circuit diagram, the pictures are just to show how things should look if everything is right.

I don't think writing, or attempting to write anything to the eeprom is a very good idea.. You need to attempt to get a dump of the data off it first., but as I said before.. unless you have been stupid with config magic I can't see anything being actually wrong with the eeprom itself.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

locobrown, who made you moderator? read this rule & follow it next time!!
    14. If you see a post that violates any of these rules, please report it to our moderators using the "Report an offensive post" link. Do not play the role of a moderator if you are not one. There is absolutely no need to nitpick on the posts of new users. Let the moderators do their work.

7. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

My bad. I know the rules. It wont happen again, its just that i started trippin when I came across this thread. My bad, acted out of character.