1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eiffel56's Custom FW: 1.53 adv. v dsadv???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, Mar 1, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Hey All!

I was checkin out this thread about custom firmware for a new forum member...and BigCuz mentioned something that caugt my sight...Eiffel56's Custom FW v1.53!!!

Here's the Update(downdate) info. as listed by qj.net:

In a time when Dark_AleX and Booster creations are, arguably, the creams of the crop, it is always nice to have other options for all of us in the homebrew community. Remember the year-old Custom Firmware 1.50: Media Edition? Well, eiffel56 informed us that he has released Custom Firmware 1.53. So what does this do?

This one is made for FW1.5 loyalists. Basically, it's a custom firmware which allows you to do more things on your fw 1.50, like starting nokxploited EBOOTS and so on. Here's what's new for this release:

* Recovery Menu
    * Boot Menu
    * Integrated uxMB
    * You can start 1.00 style EBOOTS
    * You can hide corrupt data icons
    * You can start ISO/DAX files
    * You can load your own plugins(PRX) - (the coolest part to me)
    * Autoboot EBOOTs at startup
    * Never turn off the backlight in XMB

I am running OE-C right now and love it, but I cannot run dax, and I am getting really tired of corrupt data icons...

Many things about the description of this firmware turn me on....but im not above foreplay....

advantages? disadvantages? Help me out folks, I am totally willing to test this firmware if it's worth it...

IDEAS?

2. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

yea but..wont u need devhook to emulate higher firmwares like 3.03 to play ISOs that reguest such high firmware?
    i dont think its worth downgradin, but it is your choise

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

dang...that seems to be the agreed opinion among the forums....i may not give it a go in this case....dang :{

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

He is actually a girl.

5. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

why would you want to emulate through devhook(those days are over). Considering that custom firmware has became so advanced, idk why anyone would CF1.53. But it is good to see competition. That just means better stuff the people.

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

werd....i am really just having problems trying to change the path of my coldboot and trying to get rid of these damned corrupt data icons....idk, is there anything out there for OE-C like that? to fix these corrupt data icons without the need of kXploit?

...and i know it is possible to change the location of the gameboot from flash to ms0, but how about the Coldboot? I want to do something like Cintro, without having to hex edit my recovery files....

HELP!!! :)

7. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

To remove corrupt icons, go into the recovery menu. (turn on PSP and press and hold R). Go into config and enable hide corrupt icons.

8. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

that doesnt work...i think

9. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

it doesnt, ive tried...no worries though....sei eboot tool works just fine :D

10. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

hey gasconade, where did u get that ql gameboot??

11. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

its the prince of persia hack and slash one if you have a quick google you should be able to find it