1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eject Problems with Magic Chip 3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Andie, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Andie

Andie Member

Hi I need some help,
    I've installed the Magic3 Chip in my PS2 v4(Gap Bios) and I'm having a problem ejecting the disc's. If the drive bay is empty I can press the eject button and it ejects every time, But as soon as I put a disc in it's a nightmare to get the disc to eject. I've checked all the wiring and it all looks ok. The chip works fine on PS1 & PS2 Backups but can't get it to eject. Does anybody know of a solution or why I have this problem? Also does anybody know of a site that details what each connection does on the chip?

Just some info on my installation: I used Kynar 30awg wire on all connections.

Many Thanks...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  2. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

Check the ribbon leads for the CD and the eject/reboot which plug into the main board (the ones which you clip down).

I had a similar thing when I first booted my V3 after I modded, CD drive was being a pain with ejecting/closing. The good people here told me its common after modding when the leads have not been put back in just right.

If its not this then you must have a bridge on one of your solders. Do you have a multi-meter to check for bridges? If you are doing a visual check for bridges then its not really good enough.