1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eject Tray Malfunction after Mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jayspiro, Mar 3, 2004.

1. jayspiro

jayspiro Guest

I have been burning my PS2 games and playing them for over a year now and no problems with software or hardware (PS2) issues...until this past week. I was ejecting a disc from the console and I noticed the tray was coming out more slowly then normal. It acted like it wasn't going to open, but did, and immediately closed when it fully opened. I can still use it if I slowly and gently guide the tray with my hand by pulling it out when I hit eject. Function on the PS2 is perfect when disc is in so I know the problem lies in the tray or the chip. Has anyone ever had a problem like this??? Do modchips wear out??? This modchip is over a year old...time for a new one??? Any help is appreciated...Thank you

2. jayspiro

jayspiro Guest

I have a Version 7 PS2 and a V7 Chip that is a plug in chip..no soldering. I use Swap Magic 2.0 and have never had a problem.

3. jayspiro

jayspiro Guest

I have a Version 7 PS2 and a V7 Chip that is a plug in chip..no soldering. I use Swap Magic 2.0 and have never had a problem...until now