1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ejecting continously

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by louisIII, Jan 12, 2005.

1. louisIII

louisIII Member

sony dru-700a dvd-r in sony vaio rx821 computer turn on, unit ejects, push in, 5 sec. ejects again, changed cable positions, changed master slave no change. works with different computer though. Installed in Jan first I had a chance since fathers day, bestbuy will not exchange or upgrade. sony said to go back to bestbuy. unit under MF warrentee. HELP!

2. brobear

brobear Guest

If there is warrantee it would be through the manufacturer, so you will have to pursue that route aggressively. Stores will only allow returns for a short period. Sounds like you waited too long for that remedy. However, you may want to get a technician to take a look at your PC. If there is a problem with a drive, it doesn't normally go away just because it's plugged into a different PC. It may be something simple. Will another drive work properly when installed in the PC that the problem is occurring with?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  3. louisIII

louisIII Member

the drive tested fine in one of the computers at best buy and the dvd drive still works fine in my computer. But dvd-r will not work in my computer. Could it be the pin diameter of the connector to the socket diameter of the cable. Sony contracted the drives to two different manufactures.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

It could be a couple of things. What brand media are you using? Also, have you checked to see if there have been any firmware upgrades for the drive?

Just in case you're not a good googler, here is the link you need at Sony (I'm in a good mood this morning).
    http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru700adwn.htm#dwns
    I noticed there are ASPI fixes along with other fixes that may effect your drive. So, check out those downloads.

5. louisIII

louisIII Member

can't run any media the door only closes 5sec.
    there is a bad roxio drive on the system, I guess I will need to clean the register to see it is causing the correct driver from loading. TY for the sony link.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

7. louisIII

louisIII Member

TY will try