1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric car maker Tesla announces 90-second battery pack swap system

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by allen4william, Jun 21, 2013.

1. allen4william

allen4william Member

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has shown off an upcoming advance in the service it provides for its consumer electric cars after demonstrating the first battery pack swap for a Model S. Two cars were serviced in the time that it took for a pre-recorded filling of a 20-plus gallon gas tank, indicating the simplicity and speed of the process. Long story short, Tesla can swap a Model S’s battery in just 90 seconds (that’s less time than it takes to fuel up a regular car), and you won’t even have to get out of your seat to do it.
    The automaker will roll out the battery-swapping stations later this year, “I think it’s important for us to address the concerns that people have. We need to address the reasons that people aren’t buying electric cars,” Musk said. “People need to feel that they have the same level of freedom as a gasoline car.” “We designed Model S from the beginning to be capable of swapping out the battery pack faster than you can fill a gas tank.”
    Due to electric cars’ high price, limited driving range and lack of a charging infrastructure, they have not catch up with consumer’s needs for racing car battery any more. In or to solve this problems, Tesla has spent over one year constructing supercharger stations, and now it is coming out soon.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if i was gonna buy an electric car i'd want 1 that i can drive 200kms a day to work and back, charge at weekends and not have to worry about it going flat.also not have to worry about high fees at charging stations.