1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic Boutique ripping off Aussies ??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DodgeM4s, Apr 3, 2007.

1. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

I was looking around in Electronic Boutique and noticed some of their games are way way over $100. Forza Motorsport 2 is $199!! some other games are $150!! these are for pre order btw.

Once the game actually comes out, the people that got it on pre order will pick the game up but EB will also drop the price super fast!!

Also most stores have a "if you see it cheaper we will beat it" but EB does a "if you see it cheaper we will match it" wtf ?

I had a look at some sites and forza 2 is going to sell for around the $90.

Sorry for my rant but i just thnk that this is SO unfair for consumers.

Im sure fair trading wouldn't approve of this either.

2. czidarich

czidarich Member

I heard xbox were going to be releasing some titles for about $199 - $150 about a month ago. If its true then F them.......just mod your system. That will teach them

3. czidarich

czidarich Member

Actually the only thing i can think of to justify forza being that price is maybe it is a bundled price cos it could come with a steering wheel? If thats the case then that would be o.k. cos at the moment the steering wheel comes bundled with PGR 3. Does anyone know?

4. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

nah i dont think it came bundled with anything ill have another look next time i go there.

5. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

WTF?! Are you serious?! I didn't realise Xbox 360 games cost that much in Australia, geez I've been living in China for too long and I haven't been to Australia in a few years but I'm going back in July for a 3 week holiday, I better hope I can afford more 360 games to buy there, my console isn't modded and I only have 3 games, 2 of them were bundeld with the ultimate 360 pack.

6. schweet

schweet Guest

I work at EB, if you see a price like ($199) it just means there's no set price for it yet. We put up a high price because if we put a low price on it, then it turns out the game is more expensive than we anticipated, we have to sell the game for the discounted price and EB loses money. They're basically just covering their asses.

360 games will never cost more than $119.95, except for special editions and stuff like that; for example Halo 3 with all the goodies (helmet etc) is going to retail for $199.95.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, here in the US it is $60 for Forza 2, about the same as any other game. I think Halo 3 right now is the only one that i had heard news of that will have a "special edition" and will have a very high price tag.