1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ELF that loads .ELF's off of USB Pen Drive

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Tyler540, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Tyler540

Tyler540 Guest

Hello and thanks for reading this. I need a .ELF that i can install on my Memory Card Exploit that when you load it, it will give you like a directory were you can run programs of a USP pen drive or EHD. For a Memory Card Exploit you can only hold 8mb of data witch is low, on top of that when you want to change the data you have to BOOT ARMAX, Make a memory card save on the pc, etc. So i was thinking of how easy it would be to load .ELF(off of a Memory Card Exploit) then load another .ELF (off of a Pen drive). Im sure there is something like that out there. Again thank you for reading this.

2. Xaren

Xaren Member

Actually my good friend if you are already using the Independence/Memory Card Exploit you already have the ability to! Just go to the config and browse around the files, if you have a pendrive you should see "Mass" I think or something along those lines...But yes you already have the ability you just have to search for it! I didn't even know this was possible until a few days ago tinkering around with the config lol!

3. jolimule

jolimule Member

In other words, if you are using swap magic, install uLaunchELF (here) using the following method:
    1. Rename your program to SWAPMAGIC.ELF
    2. Create a folder named SWAPMAGIC in the root directory of your USB Key and then put the SWAPMAGIC.ELF file in the folder.
    3. Plug-in the USB Key to the USB port of the PS2 and then boot your PS2 with SwapMagic. If the program (SWAPMAGIC.ELF) is found in "../SWAPMAGIC/", it
    will be launched automatically.

or also:

You can put maximum 4 files in the SWAPMAGIC folder at the same time. But, you need to rename those programs to SMBOOT0.ELF, SMBOOT1.ELF, SMBOOT2.ELF and SMBOOT3.ELF respectively.
    2. Plug-in the USB Key to the USB port of the PS2, then boot your PS2 with SwapMagic.
    3. When the title screen appears (you will see 2 options: Load Program and Video Mode), you can press:

A. "UP+L1" buttons to load SMBOOT0.ELF
    B. "UP+L2" buttons to load SMBOOT1.ELF
    C. "UP+R1" buttons to load SMBOOT2.ELF
    D. "UP+R2" buttons to load SMBOOT3.ELF

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. ofolion

ofolion Regular member

I could never get a .elf to launch with my swap magic 3.6 :(

I think the file system on the USB pen has to be NTFS as well..not too sure though

5. E_Surge

E_Surge Member

i have a ps2 slim with swapmagic 3.6 and i used my ipod as the usb drive, putting it into drive mode first of course, and it worked for me, having a folder in the root of my ipod named SWAPMAGIC and then renaming the .elf file to SWAPMAGIC.elf or the multiple way SMBOOT0.elf etc.

the ipod still works as an ipod and its a windows ipod so its currently formatted as FAT. maybe the usb drive has to be formatted as FAT instead of NTFS.

6. jolimule

jolimule Member

i don't think it needs to be ntfs. you must have a problem with your pen, try format it (after backup) then retry. If it still don't go, well... get a new one...

Note: Perhaps the mice has something to do with it ! (^_^) !
    Love the story.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  7. Tyler540

Tyler540 Guest

Thank You So much.