1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

elf's and you

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by lanepwnu, Mar 15, 2007.

1. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

this is just another guide to launching elf's on a ps2. i have only tried this with my own and its a totally unmodified fat ps2.

what you will need:
    ps2 (fat is the only guarantee)
    AR MAX (must have media player)
    memory stick (fat format, i used the 1 that came with AR MAX)
    cdloader.elf
    some type of elf loader
    cogswap.elf

load up AR MAX and proceed to the media player

once the media player has loaded tell it to "play" cdloader.elf

after a few seconds it will say swap discs. this is where i took my homemade slide card and opened the tray and swaped to my also homemade elf loader disc.

open up cogswap.elf (or whatever elf file you wanted)

that simple. pictures coming soon.

2. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

sorry i dont like to duble post but i cant find the edit button so here goes.

i forgot to add how to make your own slider for opening the tray.

here's how i made mine, very very simple.

i took an old severely scratched cd of mine and i cut about 1/5 off of the left side of the cd and used that tiny sliver. works fine.

when it comes time to swap i always prop it up, lift the tray up as far as it goes. look for the tiny white tab that goes straight up and down, use the cd the push it all the way to the right, open the tray with my fingers, switch discs, push it back in manually, take the cd and push the tab back to the left.

by the way, on the far right side i took a knife (non sharp kind you use to butter toast with) and took off the little square shaped thing on the end of the tray for easier access to the tap for locking the tray.

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

sounds good, if u can add pictures and be a little more indepth (easier done with pics to refer to) it'll b a good tutorial. i might add it to the afterdawn compilation of tutorials e-book.

revision 1 is halfway down the page, cos i cant find that damn elusive edit button either. >:|

4. tetris999

tetris999 Guest

Umm what ar max are you using?

mine is 3.36

tell me if this is the right one

and also, how do i take off the front cover of the ps2 disc tray?