1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ELIMINATING ROXIO COMPLETELY

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by smg, Dec 22, 2004.

1. smg

smg Regular member

I want to completely remove Roxie stuff from my pc. I was told it is in my pc (Win XP Home). I can't find it anywhere in my ADD/REMOVE in order to remove it. But a tech. from the company where I bought my pc told me that ROXIO was indeed in my Win XP (that, thats what I guess MS decided to use in XP Home). I have also looked in Services and cant find anything that says Roxio in there either. I have gotten this tool called Zapper60 that I read about in here (it was free-its a zip file). Can anyone please answere me just 3 questions (in a straight yes and no answere)?
    #1. Can I use this tool zapper60 to get rid of Roxio completely from my PC?
    #2. If I can get rid of Roxio just using this tool, can anyone tell me how to go about using it for that purpose?
    #3. If I can't use this tool to completely rid my pc of Roxio, can anyone tell me how to go about doing it since it isnt in my ADD/REMOVE in Control Panel?
    Thank you everyone for helping.
    smg

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It might be that Windows XP's media player has a copy program, made by Roxio, incorporated into it. I don't know for sure, though.

You can also go to Start/All Programs and see if Roxio is listed, there.

Question though. Why are you so intent on getting rid of it?

3. smg

smg Regular member

Thank you GrandpaBW for replying :) I have read hundreds of threads (literally) on problems related to backing up DVDs. And the one fact that stood out like a bright light in a dark closet was that many people who had Roxio on their pcs, had problems that were fixed immediately after they removed it from their pc.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The reason that I ask is, I have Roxio EMC7 and Nero Ultra 6 on my computer, and I have no problems at all.

If you did not install Roxio, and you can't find it anywhere on your computer, I would not worry about it. You don't have it.

5. smg

smg Regular member

Well I should admit I am very naive about alot of pc stuff. It could be right under my nose and I would never see it :) But I wonder if I used that tool zapper60, if it would remove all roxio stuff (just in case it was in my pc, but couldnt see it)? Do you know anything about it? Would it work all by itself do you think to completely remove ALL that Roxio stuff?

Thanks again very much for answering.
    smg
    PS
    I have heard that the newer Roxio stuff is supposed to be very much better than the older stuff :)

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

7. smg

smg Regular member

GrandpaBW....you made my Christmas :)
    I have tried for so long to get an answere on how to remove Roxio. Thanks ALOT!!!
    Is there anything I should know about how to use this program (Roxizap)? Do I just double-click it on my desktop (and it does everything else ie remove all Roxio stuff)?
    Thanks very much

Merry Christmas