1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*elite 360 for $80 after trade in credit of premium*

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stovebomb, Apr 2, 2007.

1. stovebomb

stovebomb Member

I just thought everyone should know there is a petition up asking MS for a reasonable discount towards an Elite Xbox 360 for people who have owned a premium or core console for more than a year. The Elite sounds cool, but I wouldn't buy it for the price tag, especially since I've got a premium. I would, however, trade in my premium and like $80 for an Elite. I think that is reasonable. Anyway, if fans can get a petition for a Collector's Edition of Bioshock, then who knows what can happen? It's noig deal, and will take you about 20 seconds to sign it. It was 16 when I found it, and now it's almost 100. Let's keep it going!

http://www.petitiononline.com/xbx33007/petition.html

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not going to happen, they would lose so much money, they cant do that

3. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Then do it the old fashioned way. Ebay it for $400 and get the money yourself.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yep, best way to do it, if you guys want to do the petition thing, please use common sense, if they did that, then turned around and sold them, who is going to end up with the messed up premiums that are used and out dated? would you like to go to a store and buy a used system that you thought was new? they cant sell them cheaper because they gave you 400 for them and they need to make back what they paid for them, and anyway, the elites are going to be very limited, not too many will be sold so that makes it even rarer and they will be less likely to allow a trade like that.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

A used premium 360 is going to sell around $300 on ebay. That'll leave you about $180 shy.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. justin410

justin410 Member

i must say microsoft is making way more money than sony with all this sony is losing money due to hi def hardware they should do some kinda deal or microsoft will loose this war throw your people a bone geez

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I wish, but not going to Happen! M$ isn't stupid they would loose so much money.

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I wish, but not going to Happen! M$ isn't stupid they would loose so much money.

9. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

If you really want an "Elite" that bad, the best way to go is try to sell your current 360 for as much possible. (around $300?)

but paying about $180 extra just for the elite is just not worth it IMO.

10. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Also, if somebody has a modded system with a lot of backsups, they will have to wait until the elite gets hacked to use them. MS has a good history of securing each version better. I'm sure this one will be way more secure since its not simply like a version 1 going to a version 1.1, this is like version 1 going to a version 3.

11. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I'm gonna sell mine in the local paper for €300 (bought for €410)...it's in perfect condition and has everything it came with...do you think anyone'll buy it?

12. steimy

steimy Active member

elite..elite..elite that's all i hear about now. It is like the God Of War 2 threads in the PS2 back up section.

My opinion. Mine is flashed, works just fine, i have plenty of games, the HDD is useless so 20GB is plenty, and my picture is perfectly fine on a VGA cable. So screw the 360 Elite!
    If i want one in black i will get a new case and controller shells.

13. justin410

justin410 Member

i like your thinkging if you realy want hd go ps3 they have the blu ray built in and hdmi with even the smallest but still not hacked. 120 gigs for what stream your video and music from a pc and pics 4 that matter

14. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I just need to but in for 1 second.

I own both a 360 and PS3. I love them to death! If you are a current 360 owner who doesn't own a PS3, and is considering buying an Elite, I would say go out and buy a PS3. I know that their aren't many games out for it yet, but it is a killer system.

If you like the "Hi-Def" aspect you will ove the PS3, because of Blu-Ray. I can see a Noticable difference between DVD and Blu-Ray.

Let me explain.

I own Talladega Nights on Blu-Ray and DVD, I started the Blu-Ray version on my PS3, I thn switched over to my 360 and started the DVD version. I qued them up to the exact point and switched the settings, from Blu-Ray to DVD to Blu-Ray. I was able to see a difference in the picture. I was so amazed.

15. justin410

justin410 Member

i secound this

16. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I never thought I would see a differance between the 2. I also feel that I am not limited to buying games that are only avalible on one console. I also feel that I can choose from gases that are out on both consoles, and buy the game that has the better game play, because of the console. For example. Call of Duty 3 is out on both the 360 and PS3, but the game play is better on the XBOX 360, and NBA 07 is out on both systems, and is better on the PlayStation 3.

17. justin410

justin410 Member

call of duty 3 excat same but high qual grahics and sixasis support for ps3

18. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The game play is alot better on the 360 though. I like it alot more on the 360, It feels more realistic.

19. justin410

justin410 Member

matter of opion i suppose both systems haveups and downs i just think that sony put a way better system fo r the buck i think if microsoft would have just thorown in there hd dvd instead of a 200 dollar add on it would have been 100 times better more room for the game on the disk to work with you know