1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite . Do you think its better

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mattkind, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

I keep hearing that alot of xbox have a failure rate . Is this because everyone is puting a mod chip.? Probably im gonna be the elite when it will be released in europe

2. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

xbox failure rate is due to poor quality control on xbox side and not enough ventalation etc. mod chips arent the problem.

the elite sounds better since you get an hdmi output. but iono about hacking it though.

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

It depends what you want it for.Go for a Core if you want to hack it and dont plan to use Xbox Live,Premium if you want to hack it and use Xbox Live.Elite if you want HDMI,120Gb,and dont realy care about hacking it

4. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

The thing is , im gonna get an HD LCd in three days, so i have to buy a console. Tell you the thruth i dont play games often , but i watch a lot of movies. I like HD DVD better then blu ray but when i came here and read that alot of xbox have a high rate of failure i get mixed up. Till now i always had playstation and never had a problem..the thing is i dont know which format will win and i cant decide wheater to buy a ps3 or elite :(

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

just do what your heart tells you. you have to think about, there may be alot of consoles you hear about breaking but out of 11 million. i personally have had mine since launch and i have had no problems at all...i play forza 2, gears, whatever you name it i play it. so seriously, just get what one you like better, go rent them at the store or borrow it from a buddy and see for yourself what one you like, and don't listen to those fags who say oh XBOX is shit or PS3 is shit, do what a true gamer does and play and enjoy good damn video games!!!!! not any of this flamer shit.

6. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

if you're into movies, just get a player that plays both blu-ray and hd-dvd. I think it was either toshiba or panasonic that created the frist player that read both.

OR, you could buy both. haha i have an xbox360 and i gotta say, i love it. i used to be a sony guy, but xbox does have a lot of good features. i'm thinking about buying a ps3 because there are some games that are only for ps3.

98sohc said it really beautifully. pick whichever you like, however, if you JUST want to watch movies and are afraid of which dvd type would win, i would personally suggest a player.

7. mattkind

mattkind Regular member

Here there are only blu ray players available , thats why im going to buy a console. It seems that a lot of titles are available from blu ray which is good if i buy a ps3 but what if i want to watch ....the mummy for example...hehe i hate this kind of competition between companies cos in the end , the costumer will get F"ucked.