1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

elite insecure hdcp error???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dreamps, Aug 14, 2007.

1. dreamps

dreamps Member

ok guys i searched all the forums for this question and didnt find an answer. can someone help me out here. ok so i finnally traded in my xbox prem and got the elite (only a $50 upgrade thanks bb ) now i plugged in the hdmi cable into my tv which is 1080i compatible but the native i think is 720p. its a 3 year old 61" dlp samsung. so i wanted to see how the upscaled dvds look so in the settings i have my resolution on the 360 to 1080i. when i put hte dvd in i got an error saying unsecure hdcp.when i keep the sttings at 1080i and play a game it works perfectly fine and so does my hd dvd player add on. k so i plugged in my hdmi cable again and changed my video settings to 720p and put it a dvd(backup) and when i hit play dvd it gave me the insecure hdcp error again but the movie does play in the background just like when the settings are at 1080i. i tried this with every resolution but got the same error over and over again! anyone out there know what is wrong? i plugged the compnent back in and changed my xbox box video settings back to 1080i and the dvd played back, but i do think with the component cables the elite still upscales sd movies b/c wtih the premium xbox the backup movies never looked like this. now there are no black bars on the top or bottom. does this mean the elite upscales with the component cables? i dont have a premium xbox to test this as my friends all have an elite as well.all my backups have no css at all so i wonder if that has anything to do with the insecure hdcp error that i am getting. i will try to put in an original dvd tonite wiht the hdmi and see what happens. its soo strange though.some one please help soooo frustrated here.ooo i forgot to add the elite is a lot 25 so its not flashed either

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  2. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

Looks like your TV can't handle HDCP from the HDMI port. Weird though since all TV's with HDMI should be able to handle this.

And yes, the Elite upscales with component video cables. It'll even do 1080p if your TV's component input supports it.

3. dreamps

dreamps Member

yeah tis wierd bc the direc tv signal comes to the tv via hdmi also but i guess as long as it is upconverting thru component i can't complain. how come the elite upconverts thru hdmi and not the premium?