1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite xbox 360 flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mattym123, Nov 14, 2007.

1. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Hi,

Im planning on purchasing an Elite xbox 360, Im also planning on flashing it, I was reading on another thread that you need a "SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA / IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid - Retail",to do so, but the "newegg" site doesnt ship to Australia:(, so I was wondering is there another type of pc hardware, like this, that does the exact same thing and flashes all 3 360 dvd drives?, and is available in Australia?, If so can anyone point me in the right direction.

One more question: I have been reading on this forum nearly every day and it seems like no one has been banned from xbox live, Is this still true?

Thanks

Matt

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Hi Matt, welcome to the scene.

The first thing you want to do is make sure you get the right Elite. They come with either Benq or Hitachi dvd drives. You want the Benq. The Hitachi can be flashed but you'ld need to buy a mod chip and install it first.

Use this database to help you locate a Benq drive: http://www.360drives.com/list

Are you certain you need the pci card? The Benq flashing requires either a VIA or NFORCE chipset. Do you know what's on your PC's motherboard?

And ya... it's been quite awhile since anyone has been banned. No one know's the exact method behind MS's banning, but it's about 99% sure it was due to incorrectly made backups.

3. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly,
    From your reply It sounds smarter to try to get one with a Benq drive, so i will try to, I had a look at the site you provided, but i couldnt see any benq 360s from Australia, I have no idea which type of chipset is on my motherboard, but hopefully its one of them lol,

Thanks for yoour help.

Matt

4. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

:::UPDATE:::

Hi,

I Have a VIA chipset, which pci card would I require/would you recommend for flashing a BenQ?

Thanks

Matt

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You shouldn't need one then. Just use a SATA port on your motherboard.

The purpose of buying the pci sata card is for people who don't have VIA or NFORCE chipsets... or no SATA ports.

6. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Hi,

But dont I need a SATA cable, if so, where can I get one?

Matt

7. DemonI81

DemonI81 Member

I'm in a similar situation and it seems my thread was deleted.
    I'm about to go buy a 360 Pro package and order the new Blaster NE. I've been doing all the research I can about modding it and I've hit a snag. I have the Biostar TForce4 SLI motherboard in my computer and I can't find out what SATA controller it has. I've looked everywhere I can think of. I've checked for SATA drivers on the Biostar site and found nothing. The board had 4 SATA ports. Does anyone know if this board is gonna work or if I'm gonna have to buy a card too?
    I heard the Rosewill RC-212 PCI SATA card works great. I'd like to save the $30 if possible though.