1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eloader on Slim necessary?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Severeth, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

I did about 5 min research on this doing searches and found nothing. I have 6 kids so I have little time most the time so I hope you understand. No emulators work on my cfw slim. I have to use the eloader. Am I correct that there is no way to run stuff without the eloader program? If no then is someone out there working on making it happen?

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

ROMS dont work on the SLIM, the SLIM does not support all of the Homebrews...

3. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Well I play roms on my Slim. I just have to load eloader first and have it load the emulator.

4. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

OK so is it in the forseen future that we will be able to play homebrew without eloader on slim soon?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most emulators have been ported already to run on the SLIM. Without the use of Eloader.

You just have to find them. What Emulators are you running?

HERE is a compatibility list of homebrew for SLIM.

The following list of Emulators have a version that is compatible with SLIM PSP's.

NES - NesterJ v1.11
    GBA SP - GameplaySP v0.9
    SNES - SNES9xTYL .03/Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for PSP Slim
    SEGA - DGEN for Slim latest version
    N64- daedalus (R12)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

depending on the emulator, you don't need eloader. most of the homebrew is being ported to the psp slim. i have snes9xtyl emulator for my psp slim, and it runs without eloader.

7. silent714

silent714 Regular member

Eloader is for homebrew with 1.50 kernal. A lot of homebrew is being ported for the slim because if it works on the slim then it works on the fat psp too.

8. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Well I see that the ones that I got that say they are for slim do not work. They come in two folders. Like gba and another folder called gba%. Is there anything special I need to do with these two folders to get them to work without the eloader?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I fthey are SLIM comaptible all you should have to do is place them in the /PSP/GAME folder and run from game Menu Memory Stick.

Go to the link i provided above to download and install PSP SLIM comaptible emulatores.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  10. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Mine doesn't. Only one that does is thr NES. The others say in the readme that if I'm using a fat then use the one folder but if I am using the slim then to transfer both folders. I did that and none work but the NES. Anything else I could be doing wrong? A Settin gsomehwre ethat needs to be adjusted to allow them to work or something?

11. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

which cfw are you using? if you're on 3.60 m33, upgrade to 3.71 m33-3.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Nope because there is no 1.50 kernel for SLIM PSP's so no need to change the GAME Folder back and forth between kernel's.

You either don't have a compatible version of it or you haven't installed it properly.

13. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

i am using 3.71 m33-3

14. silent714

silent714 Regular member

I was told you can edit homebrew with this app to make it compatible for slim. The app is called PSPbrew.
    Code:
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSPBrew-0-91/pg/49/aid/70844
    Also Homebrew that comes in two folders on with % and the other without is for kernel 1.50 so it doesnt work on slims. Just try to get emulators that are compatible with slim. beta.pesepe.com has downloads labeled with a banner that says CF+ those are to mark that its psp slim compatible.

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All you have to do is go to the above link I provided and it has a list of tested working Emulators and other Homebrew that work for SLIM PSP's.

16. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

That PSPbrew program is awsomwe. Can change the background picture and rename the name of the program to be more self explanitory. Have not tried it to change phat to slim format. When I get to that I will let you know how it works. I did find places to get emulator that do work for my slim. thanks for your help guys

17. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

And yes it does work. I took a Phat only Atari emulator and converted the Name and Name% folder to one single PBP file and it loaded on the slim great. Awsome program. A new collection to my back pocket. thx