1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emailling a Captured Video

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by chthomson, Dec 11, 2003.

1. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

My wife made the news last night. I was successful in capturing the news. I have edited it to just her story. Now I wish to send her story to some of her relatives and friends. Currently it is 160 mb file - to large to send by email. To what format do I need to convert to so I can email the video.
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  2. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

Lower the resolution and use example windows media(.wmw) codec. It really depens many things what is the right format, but Windows media and Real media both work widely.
    I would store the videofile to some server and only send the link to friend where they can download it themselves when feeling so, and not jam their mails by sendign huge video attachments.

3. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Guest

I agree. I would be less than thrilled if my inbox was filled up by a big video file. Just half the resolution and save is as a windows media file, then put it on a server and send people the link to download it.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  5. Minion

Minion Senior member

In My experience I get MUCH better compression useing WMV than any Mpeg-4 format includeing XviD...I have gotten it down to 1.5mb per minute of Video in WMV format useing 120+80 Resolution and 15fps at 128kbs...I just Tried it with the XviD codec at 15fps at 120+80 and a Bitrate of 128 and 32 for mp3 audio and Got a File that was 3.65mb and of much Lower Quality than the WMV ,But this is were WMV is good I wouldn"t use it for Full resolution Frame rate Movies because it seems that the Quality of WMV only gets so high and no matter how many Bits you throw at it it doesn"t get any Better..This is the real reason to Use WMV for e-mailing small low Quality Files and Internet streaming...cheers